XX. survivors guilt

Chapter Twenty 

Survivors guilt 

3rd person pov 

-ONE MONTH LATER- 

Veah had now gone to about 6 to 7 funerals in the past month, and she hated it, but she had to do it for the future of herself. Why did she get to survive when the others didn't a part of her wishes she died with them, and a part of her wishes that she was the one who died and they didn't. She should be grateful that she's alive, but there's a part of her that hates it. some people call that survivors, guilt and other people call that trauma. 

People started to call her saying that she saved herself and she killed them so they wouldn't kill other people, but she kept the others legends alive. She told her story because that's what she had to do. Neveah Torres wasn't someone who was scared to tell the truth. Charlotte Cove was shut down and it hurt her because now she had to get another job but it didn't at the same time because now she didn't have to go to work every day. Wondering if she was going to die with a group of people. There was the best part of her life and the worst at the same time.

She kept everything that Dora gave her in hopes that it would keep her alive and even though she was mad at alex for what he did, she wanted to him alive too. she wanted to keep them all alive somehow, molly too but she couldn't do that so she did what anyone would do and she went to the funerals. when she got interviewed about what happened, she would tell them everything beginning to end. 

She was the one who survived, but the others lived inside of her, and she knew that. She had the opportunity to tell the truth, and she took it because if she didn't, no one would know what would happen. Her parents made her go to therapy after a while and she got a new job working in a coffee shop. She kept the necklace that Dora gave her and she took care of her dog. Veah was growing to be someone who wasn't scared of the world. 

At the beginning of this story, she was heartless and cold, and people were scared of. Now, after she saw what happened, she realize that there are people in the world than her. People who would pretend to be someone's best friend, and then go murder them when they didn't know what else to do. The anger that lives inside of some people never goes away and sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes that's a bad thing. Veah has a lot of anger, but she didn't take it out the way Molly took it out, or the way Alex took it out, or the way Kaylin took it out. She didn't murder anyone and she didn't hurt anyone physically. being the only one that survived she wanted to make people see her side and what she had to deal with. 

If people had to deal with what she had to deal with, they would be scared of the world too. Veah learned one thing about the whole situation, there's gonna be good people and there's gonna be bad people and there's gonna be the people who hurt you and the people who stay. You are in charge of your life and what you do and what you say. you are who you are and you can't change yourself but you can help it. she wished that she didn't fall into the way that they did but she couldn't do anything to help them because they were too far gone. 

If the world was a better place, they would still be alive and none of this would've happened, but that's a different story for a different time. If you wanted a happy ending I'm sorry, but you're not getting it here. this isn't a book about love or happiness or safety. It's about growing up and realizing that the world isn't the way you think it is. Veah always knew that the world was evil.

the world takes and takes But it never gives and then when it does, it's not the good things. veah didn't think that she would be handed the cards that she got dealt with, but she had to deal with them the way that everyone else does in their life. Neveah torres cared about people more than she let on because she was smart and beautiful and kind and caring. 

The killers live through her, and so does everyone else who died. Survivors guilt is a thing it's always been a thing and veah never thought that she would have to deal with it but here she was. six or seven funerals later, multiple interviews after talking about the death of her friends, after having to leave her job because it got shut down, deciding to take some time off of school to figure out what she was doing with her life, going to see a therapist. She wanted the others to have that, but they didn't and she does. 

Don't mistake her for an angel because shes still angry, and she always has been. She was the last thing that she was able to do was kill the killer and tell them.

TAG YOU'RE IT 

-ABBYS NOTES- 

And that's the finale. Thank you guys so much for reading and loving the characters as much as I do. This was the one app that I actually stuck with and kept going because I knew that there was a good ending to it and I wanted to write the ending the way I wanted people to read the book. I know that this book was gory and sad, but a part of me loved writing it. To the people who applied thank you so much for supporting this book and so much for applying. To the people whose characters got killed, I am so very sorry for killing your character, but you knew that was gonna happen. At the end of the day, I want to say thank you to everyone for just simply reading the book and sticking with me while I updated it. I didn't actually think I was gonna be able to write this book when I got into it because I was scared that I wouldn't do the characters justice, but now that I finished the book, I realize that I did. Thank you so much for reading and thank you so much for supporting me.

 Thank you so much for reading and thank you so much for supporting me