02- Homework

A/N: Hey guys !! Last chapter they went to McDonalds, and I decided I'm not gonna write about how the hang out went because that feels like filler to me, just know they had fun and Matt and Liv bickered y'know, the usual. (also btw they're in junior year) Anyway, enjoy chapter two, we're getting more lore with this one.

          To understand where Matt and I stand with each other, you have to know three things. 1: I don't actually "hate" Matt. 2: Matt and I used to be best friends, and we were friends before I knew Chris and Nick. 3: I used to have the biggest crush on that boy. I dropped so many hints too. 

                                                                  (flash back to 9th grade)

         "Nick please do this for me, please please please?" I'd just asked him to ask Matt how he feels about me. 

"fine, I'll do it because I'm a good friend."

"Thank you thank you!! I owe you."

"You don't owe me anything Liv, but go hide, Matt's headed this way." I go and hide in the echoey bathrooms. I decide to sneak out slightly so I could hear a little bit of what they were saying. The first and last thing I heard;  "I'm not interested in dating anybody. Especially her." 

'Especially.' 

          I did not care for the tone he said that with. Maybe he didn't like me back, fine, but was the thought really that dreadful? I ran back into the bathroom, swallowing the lump in my throat. 

          I really liked Matt for so many years. From 1st grade to 9th. but clearly he never liked me. As time went on, I just had to accept the fact that for me, he was only ever going to be a fantasy, never my reality. I started to become bitter towards him and it was clear that he got the vibe because it wasn't too long before his sweetness for me turned sour.

                                                                          (flash forward to now)

          Chris, Nick, Matt, and I all have together. Chris is sat in front of me, Nick is next to me, and Matt is across from me next to Chris. It's Friday, thank the lord. 

"Everyone please get out the homework from Wednesday and show it to me so I know you did it." Mr. Sullivan said. I got mine out and showed the teacher, then put it in my binder in the notes category.

"I left mine at home, sir." Matt interjected. 

"Be sure that I get it by Monday please." Mr. Sullivan replied. 

"mhm." Matt said sarcastically.  *ring ring* 

"Alright, everyone have a good weekend, I'll see you on Monday!" Mr. Sullivan projected, and the group was on it's way to break period. Outside the classroom, Kora is waiting for us. 

"Kora!!" Nick reacted.

"Heyyy Kora." Chris dabbed her up.

"I know, I know, you missed me." Kora joked. 

          Kora, Nick, and Chris walked in a  trio to the library.  I headed my way to the library, but Matt approached me with a deceiving look on his face.  

"What do you need, Matt?" I sighed, walking alongside him down the hallway.

"I need to homework answers," He replied , grabbing my backpack.

"Bullshit." I pushed him away, continuing my route. 

"You don't have a choice. You know I can make your life hell." He smirked, waiting for a response. 

"Kill yourself," I handed him the homework, rolling my eyes.

"I will if I see you again," he joked, running down the hall. I watched him catch up to the rest of the group.

          I walked into the library shortly after Matt and sat down with my friends. Matt started copying down the homework answers, and for some reason, I couldn't help but notice his focused furrowed eyebrows. I stared at him for a little until his eyes met my gaze.

"shit." I jumped, watching him smile.

"What was that about?" Kora whispered, gesturing subtly towards Matt. 

"What?" I asked.

"No......do you like him?" 

"SHUT UP..." I whisper-yelled, "and no of course not, I hate him." I replied quickly.

"okay, just making sure" She giggled. I look up to see Matt scribbling doodles on my paper with muted giggles. 

"hey!" I snatched the paper from him. 

"oops :0" He replied. I look at the top left corner of the paper to see little penis doodles. 

"really?" I ask. Matt shrugs his shoulders.

"you are such a child." I scoff.

"Oh and you're such an adult?" 

"I never said that, maybe lets turn our listening ears on." I replied sarcastically.

"Okay, whatever." Matt gives up. 

"thanks for the answers, or whatever." 

"Wowwwwww, someone's been taking classes on manners huh"

"Would you shut the fuck up and accept the thanks?" 

"Fine!" I put my hands up defensively, "You're welcome, Matt." 

A/N: 781 words is definitely an improvement from last chapter! I really loved writing this chapter, I hope you guys liked reading it. I'll update chapter three as soon as I can!

xoxo,

Alyssa