06- Date Night

It's been three weeks since I was raped. I've started going to therapy, Jer recommended it. Dr. Wheeler is great, I try to schedule for twice a week -- Mondays and Thursdays. I don't really talk about it outside of therapy. I hate being the girl who got roofied. It's embarrassing, and I don't want to be treated differently because of one asshole. He can't win. 

          Math is surprisingly the only good part of my day. I can zone out and just be in the presence of the triplets and Kora. Eli's great too, but I love my friends. By the way, Eli asked me to be his girlfriend finally. Actually two days after I was raped. I was reluctant, but I said yes. 

          "Hey babe, you wanna go out tonight?" Eli asks during break period.

"Um, I don't really feel like going out lately." I politely declined.

"What, why?" He asked. The groups heads perked up hearing his response.

"Um because I was assaulted no less than three weeks ago?"

"That doesn't mean you can neglect me, I'm your boyfriend." he says a bit louder. 

"You're right....I'm sorry."

"Whatever. I'll pick you up at seven."

"mhm" 

          Eli walks out of the library while my stomach churns with anxiety, coming out in the form of me violently biting my lips and picking at my fingers.

"You're really gonna let him talk to you like that?" Nick says. 

"For real, that was such a dick move." Kora agrees. 

"What? No, c'mon you guys, he was right. He's my boyfriend, I should want to hang out with him.

"You're not obligated to do shit with that manipulative ass wipe." Chris adds. Matt gets up from his seat and storms out of the library. 

"Why's he so mad?" I ask.

"Probably because Eli is a dick." Nick says.

"Guys, he's not....that bad."

"Name one good thing he's done for you." kora asks.

"He makes me laugh."

"Bare minimum." Nick quickly replies. To be honest, they're right. I've been thinking a lot about Eli and I just don't think I have the mental capacity to be with anyone right at this moment. Dr. Wheeler agrees with me.

 "Okay well anyways, I'm gonna go check on matt and make sure he's not punching a brick wall." I say as I get up and walk out of the library. 

          Matt and Eli were talking at the end of the hall to the left. It didn't look friendly. 

"What gives you the fucking right? You know how much she's been through and you still treat her like a fucking idiot!" Matt says to Eli.

"I can treat her however I want! You're just jealous because you can't have her! And tonight when we come bac from our date, I'm gonna-"

"Guys, what's going on here?" I step in before it gets out of hand. 

"Nothing." Matt looks down.

"Just chatting." Eli stares down Matt. 

"Okay well this chat looks like it's gonna end in a bloody nose so Matt, why don't we get going."

"Why are you going with Matt?" 

"Eli, you've done enough, I'll see you tonight." I reply sternly. Matt and I walk slowly down the hall.

          "Thanks for standing up for me, you didn't have to do that." I said

"You're right I didn't. We still hate each other, remember?" He replied embarrassed.

"Yea, I forgot, sorry." I slightly giggled to myself because I knew he didn't really think that.

A/N: Hey guys!!! I was on vacation for Christmas, but I'm back now! I hope you all had very Happy Holiday. The next chapter will be verrrrrry angsty and sad. I hope you enjoyed this shorter chapter.