08- Standing at my Door

I ran down to the only other home I've ever known....

         Although the door wasn't opened by the exact person I thought was going to, parts of me were eager that it was them. I expected to be met by a look of venomous pity, but instead, as they looked at me, I was met with a soft, intense look of shock and a clenched jaw.

         They looked dumbfounded and confused. I stuttered as I tried to explain.

"I- I didn't know where else to go," The minute I finished my sentence, the burning lump in my throat came out in the form of tense sobs I tried to contain. My knees wobbled an collapsed. They caught my fall and brought me inside. 

"Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong, what's going on-" They kept holding me up, but stopped mid-sentence when they noticed my bloody nose and red face. They then looked down at my bruised wrists. 2 years ago, I wouldn't believe this, but I could've sworn I saw tears form in their eyes when they saw my weakened state. As their jaw clenched, they contained the anger and looked back at me, dead in the eyes. 

"Come on," They led me to the living room with a soft voice. 

"I'm so sorry to just show up like this, but I swear I didn't-" I began.

"Liv, it's okay." They sounded stern. I could tell there was something else lingering on their mind.

"Matt, what are you thinking about?" My curiosity got the best of me. He shook his head.

"Liv, who did this." His eyes were now piercing with a gaze of anger. I stayed silent, ashamed to tell who it was.

"Liv, who did this to you." He said, louder. I don't think he realized it, but I noticed that this whole time, we haven't let go of each other's hands.

"It was Eli." I finally got out. Chris came downstairs having heard voices. Matt got up furiously.

"What the hell is happening?-" Chris began. Matt paused right in front of Chris. 

"I swear to fucking god, I'm gonna kill him." I heard Matt mutter. I looked up as Chris looked at me. When he noticed my scars, his eyes softened with a sadness I've never seen from him  before. 

"No.... he didn't. Did he?" His voice cracked. I nodded weakly. 

"NICK GET DOWN HERE! Don't worry honey, it's gonna be okay. We're not going to school tomorrow." I laughed at his efforts to cheer me up. 

"What, what's wrong?" Nick shouted running down the stairs. 

"Eli is a fucking asshole, that's what's wrong."  Chris gestured to my face. Nick stared at me with a shocked expression for a minute. 

"Okay a missed a big part of the plot." Nick finally said.

"I'm making hot chocolate." Chris said.

"I'm getting more blankets." Nick added.

"Thank you guys." I said giggling.

                   (She spills all the tea sparing no details with hot coco and cozy blankets.)

"Thank you guys, I love you." I said. 

"Literally anytime, Liv." Nick said. Chris agreed.  The door opened and none other than Matt walked in with bloody knuckles. 

"Matt, what did you do?" I asked.

"I promise you, Eli will not be bothering you again." He replied, out of breath. And he went upstairs to his room. 

A/N: Hello again !!! I know I used the "I didn't know where else to go" trope but idc, it was worth it. I've been waiting for it, but next chapter will include a Matt POV !!! I love you guys so so so much. 

xoxo,

Alyssa