Chapter 4

Rafael tapped lightly on the open bedroom door, "Liv?" Olivia's eyes flew open, and Rafael saw fear in them. He quickly stepped into the room. "Liv, it's just me", he said trying to keep the concern he felt out of his voice. He strode over to the bed, sat on his side of it, and turned his face to her. "I didn't mean to scare you."
"You didn't", she almost whispered.
"I'm home!" Noah shouted as he entered the apartment. Olivia jumped off the bed, and ran out of the bedroom.
"Noah!" She called, sprinting to her son. This was the first time she saw him since this strange ordeal began. "Sweet boy, it's so good to see you."
"Mom, you see me everyday."
"I know. Are you alright."

"Yeah. I was with Aunt Amanda, and Uncle Sonny. I watched a movie with Jesse. It's no big deal."

Olivia threw her arms around her son, and hugged him tightly. "I know sweet boy, I know", she said, kissing the curls on his head.
"Mom, you're hugging me too hard." Olivia immediately let go of him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, sweet boy."
"I want to sleep at Aunt Amanda and Uncle Sonny's this weekend. Aunt Amanda said I could."

"We'll talk about it, Noah."
"I finished my homework. I'm going to my room."
"Noah , wait."
"No, I'm going to my room!"
"Noah!" She said, shocked that her sweet boy yelled at her.
"I'm going this weekend!"
"Noah, watch your tone with your mother." Rafael said, suddenly. Olivia hadn't seen him exit the bedroom. He quickly walked to her side.

"Sorry, dad." Noah replied. I'm sorry mom." He added, quickly, before turning and running to his room. A moment later his bedroom door slammed shut, and Olivia felt tears sting her eyes. "Are you OK?" Rafael asked, gently. "Before you answer, remember that I know you." Without a word, Olivia turned, and walked back into her bedroom. Rafael followed her. "Liv, Noah didn't mean it." Rafael continued quietly. It reminded her of the time he comforted her after Chief Dobbs yelled at her about. the death of his son, Sergeant Mike Dobbs.The memory of it all brought fresh tears to Olivia's eyes.
"He's so mad at me." Olivia replied. Rafael heard her voice crack, and it broke his heart.
"He's growing up, he's at an awkward age." Rafael said, as he climbed into bed. "Come on." He called her. She turned around to face him, his green eyes pleaded with her to get into bed, and after a long moment, Olivia did so.
"Are you comfortable?" He asked, softly.
"Yes", Olivia answered. She turned on her side, away from Rafael, and faced the wall. "Good night", she said, nervously.
"When you want to talk, I'm here." Olivia closed her eyes. "I love you", Te amo." he whispered to her.

,
or