Chapter 7

"Good morning, beautiful", Rafael said as Olivia was waking up the next morning. "mm" Olivia mumbled, stretching her arms out a little. "What time is it?""It's 6:30. Liv, you haven't been feeling well. I think you should stay home." Olivia opened her eyes, and automatically moved closer to him on the bed. "I can't stay home", she replied, softly."I'll stay home with you", he said, leaning close to her, and kissing her forehead. Olivia closed her eyes the second his lips made contact , and opened her eyes the moment his lips lost that contact."You can't stay home either", she practically whined.
"Yes, I can, and I will if you do the same. Mami wants to talk to you about Christmas, and New Year's""She does? Olivia asked, surprised. "Why?""Why?" Rafael laughed. "Because you're my family, Liv. You're her family. You have been planning Christmas, and New Year's with her for years now."
Olivia threw the covers off of herself. "Tell her I'll call her as soon as I can." Olivia hoped out of bed, she ran out of the bedroom, and into the guestroom. In the guestroom, she found black slacks, a white blouse, and a white blazer with black buttons. She quickly dressed, and exited the room to find her shoes. She found them by the door, she knew she didn't put them there."Liv, wait!" Rafael called as Olivia reached the doorknob."I have a rapist to catch", she said, turning the doorknob slightly.
"Liv, wait." He repeated softly. She turned around, and faced him. In his hands he held her coat. "Don't leave without your coat." Olivia turned around again. Rafael stepped closer to her. Her heart sped up, he was behind her. Slowly, she placed her hands behind her back, and allowed him to put the coat on her. She felt him move her hair, and quickly she turned to face him."I can't stay home today, I'm sorry", she said. Rafael straightened the coat around her shoulders."I know." He whispered, he moved his hands to the front of the coat, and slowly buttoned it up. "I'm worried about you, Liv.""I know. Don't worry about me, Rafa", she whispered. She turned back to the door, opened it, and walked out of the apartment.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Olivia arrived at the precinct early. She hated leaving Rafael this morning, but she had to, she had work to do. She walked through the empty squad room, feeling lonelier by the second. She entered her office, closed the door, and remembered that her cell phone rang right before she fell asleep last night.

She took out the phone, put it on speaker, went to her voicemail, and listened."Liv, it's Elliot. I know it's been over 3 years since we spoke. I know I hurt you more than once. You probably don't want to hear from me, but I need to see you, Liv, please. Call me back, and meet me at Rezdôra after work tomorrow."

Author's note Rezdôra is a real restaurant in Manhattan.