Chapter 8

Olivia took her cell phone off speaker She slowly walked to her desk, and sat behind it. Her mind was racing, it seemed like thousands of thoughts were swirling around in her head. She remembered Elliot coming back after a decade of no contact with her. She remembered that Elliot had contacted Fin, before he waltzed back to the NYPD and New York. She remembered Kathy's murder, and the Wheatley trial, of course. The Wheatley case was the reason for the rift between Barba and herself. The rift, she remembered, kept her up at night.
She thought that she and Elliot were on good terms, that they had moved on from his decade long absence. According to Elliot's voicemail, she had not seen him in over 3 years, and he thought she would not want to hear from him. Why?

"Liv, Liv. Earth to Liv?" Olivia blinked, Fin was standing in front of her.
"Fin, what's up?"
"You alright?" Fin asked.
"I'm fine. What do you need?"
"A woman is here. She says she will only speak to a woman. You're the only woman here right now. Are you sure you're alright?"
I'm OK. I'll be right there", Olivia answered. Fin nodded, turned, and exited Olivia's office.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Olivia slowly dragged herself into her apartment building. She stared at the elevator, but decided not to board it. She dragged herself up the stairs, and to her apartment door just as it opened. "Liv", Rafael said, gently taking Olivia's arm. His wife looked like she was about to fall over from exhaustion. He guided her into the apartment.and to the couch. She sat down, and he sat beside her. You Ok?" Olivia was silent. "Talk to me, Liv."
Why am I here in my apartment when Elliot asked me to meet him at Rezdôra? Olivia thought to herself. Why did I choose to come home to Barba immediately after work instead? Why is Barba so understanding of me, why is he so good to me?
"Liv, talk to me", Rafael said, calling Olivia out of her thoughts. "What's wrong, Liv?"
"I... I took another disclosure, I think we have another serial rapist on our hands, he leaves no evidence behind", she said in almost a whisper.

"You'll get him. Liv. I know you will", Rafael reassured her.
Olivia rose from the couch, and began to pace rapidly. "I have taken countless disclosures, and no matter how hard I try, I can't get them all." Rafael stood up, and began moving in his wife's direction. "I can't get every rapist. I have been doing this for 25 years, I have been dealing with rape my entire life."
Rafael was now standing in front of Olivia, his hands reached her shoulders, and held on to them, stopping her from pacing. "Liv", he called gently, and quietly. "I need you to stop. Stop moving, and tell me what you need. "Do you want to retire?"
"No", she said instantly, horrified. "I need to move, Rafa."
"Liv, please, you don't have to move right now. Take a breath, and talk to me."
"Rafa, I don't know what's wrong with me lately! I feel... I feel... so... overwhelmed."
"Shh'', he said gently, pulling her into a hug. "You've been running yourself ragged", he whispered, he kissed her hair 'What can I do for you right now?"
"I have so many thoughts swirling around in my mind... my mind... is racing. Make it stop, just for a little bit. Make it stop."
"Come with me", he said, slowly leading her to the center of the room. May I take off your winter coat, and blazer?" Olivia, slowly nodded yes. Rafael moved his right hand to the top button of her black winter coat, and undid it. His green eyes connected with her brown eyes, and refused to let go. Olivia nodded again, knowing that he was checking to make sure she was still comfortable. Quickly, he finished unbuttoning the coat. Slowly, he slipped it off her shoulders, he caught it, and tossed it on the back of the couch. He smiled, seeing that she started to relax. Quickly, he unbuttoned the black buttons on her otherwise white blazer. He slipped it off, and tossed it on top of Olivia's winter coat. She closed her eyes, thinking he was going to remove her white blouse, her heart sped up at the thought of it. Disappointment flooded her when he didn't. She opened her eyes. "You told me not to worry about you, you need to know that is impossible", he said, softly. "You and Noah are my life," Olivia opened her mouth slightly, but no words came out. "I miss you, Livia."
"I miss you too, Rafa, so much."
"I miss kissing you, I haven't properly kissed you in days. I'll be right back."
"Where are you... Where are you going, Rafa. Olivia watched him move over to his MP3 player. He turned it on, and music filled the room. Olivia recognized the tune playing. It was Can I Have This Kiss Forever. It was recorded by Whitney Houston, and Enrique Iglesias. Olivia remembered reading it was written by Diane Warren, and it was a hit in 1999. Rafael was playing an instrumental version of the song. Olivia didn't have much time for music in 1999, she wanted to make time for it now.
She watched as Rafael danced back over to her. "Dance with me", he said, softly, taking her into his arms. "Dame un beso para siempre", Rafael sang, to Olivia's shock. Rafael's voice relaxed her entire body and mesmerised her. He sang slowly as they danced.She was never a good dancer, but with him, she was dancing like a pro.

"Over and over I look in your eyes
You are all I desire, you have captured me
I want to hold you, I want to be close to you
I never want to let goI wish that this night would never end
I need to knowCould I hold you for a lifetime?
Could I look into your eyes?
Could I have this night to share this night together?
Could I hold you close beside me?
Could I hold you for all time?
Could I, could I, could I have this kiss forever?
Could I, could I, could I have this kiss forever? (Forever)
Forever (forever)Over and over, I've dreamed of this night
Now you're here by my side, you are next to me (you are next to me)
I want to hold you and touch you and taste you
And make you want no one but meI wish that this kiss could never end, no, no
Oh, baby, pleaseCould I hold you for a lifetime? (Could I?)
Could I look into your eyes?
Could I have this night to share this night together? (Un beso para siempre)
(Para siempre)
Could I hold you close beside me?
Could I hold you for all time?
Could I, could I, could I have this kiss forever?
Could I, could I, could I have this kiss forever? (Forever)
And ever? (Forever)I don't want any night to go by
Without you by my side
I just want all my days
Spent being next to you
Lived for just loving you
And baby, oh, by the way (could I?)Could I hold you for a lifetime?
Could I look into your eyes?
Could I have this night to share this night together? (Could I?)
Could I hold you close beside me?
Could I hold you for all time?
Could I, could I, could I have this kiss forever?
Could I, could I, could I have this kiss forever? (Forever)
And ever?Forever (could I have this kiss forever?)
(Could I have this kiss forever?)
Solo, solo un beso, un beso para siempre
Para siempre (could I have this kiss forever?)
Dame un beso para siempre (could I have this kiss forever?)
Para siempreCould I have this kiss forever?
Could I, could I have this kiss forever?"

"Rafa?" Olivia whispered.
"Yes?"
"Your voice... It's beautiful... you could sing for a living."
"You always say that."
""Your voice... It's so comforting. She said,
"I'm glad it brings you comfort, Are you feeling better?"
"Yes", she whispered.
"I love you, Liv. Do you hear me?" His tone was serious, his eyes were intense. "Te amo."
"Rafa"She said, just as her phone rang loudly, interrupting her.

Author's note Can I Have This Kiss Forever was written by Diane Warren. It is a duet performed and recorded by Whitney Houston and Enrique Iglesias.