Chapter 7

After another week of hell (school),
Y/n is seen on his couch, slouching while mindlessly watching TV. The young man only sits there and questions his choice of programming.

Y/n:Why is he pissing on that guy's face?.........And why is the other guy smiling as he does so?......This show is really strange but really intriguing at the same time.

(Lez: Bro, what is Baki even about?)

Y/n whispered before sighing to himself as he put a pause on his current program. Now seen stretching, he yawns before hearing his phone buzz on the nightstand.

Y/n: (still stretching) I swear if it's another telemarketer......

Y/n mutters before reaching down and grabbing his phone off the small table. His eyes then shed a glimpse of surprise at the caller.

Y/n:A call from Membrane?

Y/n said before he quickly picks up the call while motioning his phone close to his ear, only to repulse in pain as Membrane's loud voice boomed through the speakers, probably rupturing his eardrum.

Membrane: Y/n, my boy! How are you doing this fine morning? I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time!

Y/n: (rubs ear) N-Nah, I was doing a whole bunch of nothing. So, what's up?

Membrane: Well, I've been working in the lab as usual today. That is, until I receive a call from CORE calling for my immediate presence.

Y/n:Immediate? Did something happen?

Membrane:It was an infiltration of sorts on the day of CORE's opening. But you don't have to worry about that my boy!

Y/n: OOOkay, soooo......then what's the reason for the call?

Membrane: Well, I need someone to look after the young ones today. While I would normally have my babysitter-bot take care of the task, It's currently shut down for undisclosed reasons. So what do you say Y/n?

Y/n:Babysitter huh? I never did that sort of gig for a long time. (shrugs) But sure! You can count on me!

Membrane:Excellent! I'll be sure to address the children about the situation.

Y/n: (smirks) Well, then you better tell them quick! Because I'll get there in a flash!

Membrane: (chuckles) You always do.

And with that, the pair hung up their conversation, with Y/n preparing for his leave for the Membrane's household. Making double sure he would leave the stove on again.

-Time-Skip-

We see a flash of blue rush past the camera before it stops in front of a house with a skirt. We now see Y/n there, overlooking the place, before peering down to his phone.

Y/n:Yup! It looks like this is the place! Kinda weird how it looks like an exact copy of their old house, though. Oh well!

Y/n shrugged as he made his way over to the front door. Giving it a good few knocks before the door swing opens to a greeting professor.

Membrane:Ah Y/n! Come in; we're very appreciative to have you here with us today!

Y/n: Hey, it's no big deal, Membrane. I'm just happy I could help.

Y/n smiled as he made his way inside. Catching Gaz playing her handheld while sitting on the couch with the sounds of someone rushing down stairs. Dib is seen sliding across the carpet before making his way over to his older brother figure.

Dib:Y/n! You're here!!! Oh man, this is great! I can finally show you my latest investigation!!!

Dib said this with excitement as Gaz groaned to herself in annoyance.