chapter 10

The loud humming of a school bus engine is heard accompanied by the overlapping conversations and laughter of children riding aboard. The gentle taps of Y/n's foot playing the rhythm to his music being only audible to himself.

Y/n:(mumbling) Ooh baby, don't you know I suffer? Ooh baby, can you hear me moan? You caught me under false pretenses. How long before you let me go?

But before the teenager could get to his favorite part, he suddenly felt two quick taps on his shoulder. Quickly taking out his earbud, he looks back to the seat behind him. To find Dib there with a smile on his face, encouraging Y/n to give one of his own.

Dib: Man, I'm so lucky you were assigned to my bus! Now I bet those jerkwards won't think twice about messing with me!

Dib chirped, practically jumping up and down on his seat as Y/n only chuckled while catching an incoming spit ball with just his finger and thumb before flicking it back to its send Hearing a satisfactory shout not long after.

Y/n:(smirks) Just let em try. Anyway, how are you liking your new school? Made any new friends?

Dib:(nods) I've made two so far. One of them is riding the other bus with his sister, though.

Y/n: What about the other one? He riding the same bus we're one?

Y/n asked ablivious to the fact that his phone was suddenly raised into thin air by a transparent hand. Dib only snickers at this.

Dib: Hey Y/n look up!

Y/n raises a brow at the request before perring up to find his phone in the clutches of a disabodied hand while his ear buds dangled around. His eyes then widen with his mouth agape, looking up at the strange spectacle.

Y/n: Whoah! Who's doing that?!

???: Me, actually!

Hearing the new voice from below, Y/n quickly peers down to find another kid there sitting with Dib with a smile of his face.

Incredible art by: rongs1234

Dib: Meet my new friend, Y/n! This is the guy I was talking about before, by the way.

Dib whispered over to his friend, who only nodded his head while offering a hand shake.

Raz: Rasputin Aquato, but you can call me Raz for short.

Y/n:Nice to meet ya Raz . Any friend of Dib is a friend of mine.

Y/n smiled while returning the gesture, now feeling his phone back in his jacket pocket.

Y/n: Say Aquato....now, why does that last name sound so familiar?

Raz: Oh! Hehe...You're probably thinking about my family's traveling circus. The Flying Aquatos.