CHAPTER 11

As Ravindra lay on the cold hospital bed, his formerly lively soul was now muted by the eerie quiet of his unconsciousness. He seems more delicate than ever under the harsh glare of the hospital lights, which have put a pallor across his face. However, in the depths of his thoughts, recollections twirled like ghostly figures, reawakening the vivid pictures of the day he met Ananya.

 However, in the depths of his thoughts, recollections twirled like ghostly figures, reawakening the vivid pictures of the day he met Ananya

It was the beginning of a new semester, and the classroom buzzed with the nervous energy of fresh faces. Ananya, a shy yet determined figure, entered the room, her eyes searching for an ally in the sea of unfamiliar faces. 

Tripti, with her warm smile and welcoming demeanour, became that ally. Ananya chose the seat beside Tripti, unknowingly setting in motion a series of events that would forever alter their destinies.

Tripti, very well sensing Ananya's nervousness and hesitancy, stood up from her place and struck up a friendly conversation. 

"Hi, I'm Tripti. Finding a good place to sit?" she asked, her eyes twinkling with friendliness. Ananya, grateful for the gesture, replied with a shy smile, "Yes, thank you. This spot seems nice." Their dialogue, though simple, laid the foundation for a connection that would ripple through time.

Ananya's glances, however, seemed drawn elsewhere, and as fate would have it, her eyes repeatedly met Ravindra's across the room, who was quietly sitting on his place rolling through his Instagram feed.. A subtle connection sparked in those fleeting moments, a silent acknowledgment that transcended the boundaries of mere coincidence. 

After the class concluded, as students spilled into the corridors, Ravindra, who has previously noticed the gesture, mustered up the courage through his bones to approach Ananya. 

"Hi, I'm Ravindra. I couldn't help but notice you during the class. Do you mind to join me for a coffee? I'm heading to the cafe right now." he asked, a hopeful smile on his face.

Their initial exchange was marked by nervous laughter and awkward silences from both of them, but in those moments a seed of friendship was sown. 

"Sure, but I'll have Ice-cream instead, coffee isn't my thing," Ananya replied, her smile mirroring Ravindra's enthusiasm. 

"Sure, anything you want to have there," Ravindra replied with a smile through his lips.

As they spoke, a comfortable rhythm emerged, a cadence that hinted at the potential for something more profound. Through shared interests, dreams, and the mundane details of everyday life, their bond burgeoned into a blossoming friendship.

Ananya's laughter, sweet as a melody, echoed in Ravindra's memories. 

"You have a way of making even the simplest things sound interesting," she teased playfully. Their conversation, initially laced with the innocence of new acquaintances, gradually deepened into a genuine connection. 

"I'm glad I ran into you today," Ravindra admitted, his words carrying a sincerity that spoke volumes.

As Ravindra lay in the sterile hospital room, unable to move, the sweet conversations with Ananya echoed through his ears like a gentle melody, infusing the stagnant air with warmth and life.