2. The New Guy

I sit in my english lesson, head down on the desk, directly between my arms, and think intensely about who this 'Davis' may be. I recite all of the boys on the rugby team, but none of them are a match. That is until the three hours of sleep catch up on me and I doze off.

"Miss Weston" the teacher scoffs.

My eyes squint prefusely as I stare up at the teacher, who looks to be flaming in rage. The class is now empty, everyone seems to have already left

"There shall not be any sleeping in my class, young lady."

"Sorry Miss, it won't happen again" I mutter, grabbing my bag and scurrying out of the door. I walk out into the crowded corridor, scanning the room for someone who I could ask about this mysterious boy, who's identity I have taken a serious interest in. That's when I spot Delilah, who I sit with in music, she's a really nice girl. She has long, blonde silky hair which is neatly brushed into a delicate ponytail, her eyelashes are long and a lengthening mascara coats them beautifully. I chat to her very often since she is a also part of the music club, we exchanged numbers a few months ago and we have been talking over text ever since. I waltz over to her as she reachers for her books in her locker.

"Heyy Delilah"

"Avery! Hi." she smiles ear to ear

"Could I ask you something?"

"Shoot! What is it?"

"Do you know anyone here with the last name Davis? Brown hair, tall and extremely rude?"

"Can't say i've ever seen or heard of him, sorry. How come?"

"No reason, just curious."

"Ohh I forgot to tell you, when you missed music club last week Miss Anika told me to give you this" she pulls a letter out of her locker and hands it to me. The letter reads 'Winter Production'

"What's this?"

"It's a letter for the winder wonderland production, the head wanted the music club to perform a little showcase as entertainment. Free snacks and refreshments, can't really complain" she laughs "Are you gonna do it?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not!"

The bell rings, and the crowds slowly start to disappear into classrooms. I wave Delilah goodbye and head over to my locker, I unlock it and pull out my time table. Monday period 2 is my only free period of the week, most people use this time to hang with their friends or get something to eat in the cafeteria, but because my only two friends have lessons, every single time I head to the library and read. I walk into the almost-vacant library and greet the librarian, who gives me a heartfelt grin. Librarians are underrated, they are the kindest of people yet are treated with such disrespect. I stride over to my usual spot on the beanbags, right in the far corner, away from, well, people, letting my fingers skim across the neatly lined up books, then picking up a book with the title of "Until Friday Night" by Abbi Glines. Once I reach the spot, my eyes widen. There sits a fluffy brown haired boy, his face covered in freckles. His glistening, light brown eyes look directly up at me and I glare down at him, my brows furrowed. We stare at eachother intensely for a moment.

"Can I help you?" the boy asks

I don't reply straight away, and instead stand there awkwardly contemplating what to do. I then bring up the courage to say "Yeah, actually. You're in my spot."

The boy mirrors my expression, a confusion in his eyes, "Sorry, what?"

"I sit here, every monday. You're in my seat"

"Oh, sorry." he shifts over to another beanbag, yet stays in the same corner like a stubborn mule. He clearly doesn't get the hint. I huff and plant myself down on the beanbag furthest away from him, diving straight into my book as per usual. I feel uncomfortable, I shift around in the beanbag, unable to find a more comfortable position. Then I hear music blast right through my ear, I react, lifting my hand up to my ear and give out an agitated sigh.
"Do you mind?" I spit

"Shit, sorry." he says no more, but almost immediately stand up straight on my feet, shoving the unfinished book directly back into the bookshelf and wandering off. I take a small glance back at the beanbags and notice the boy staring intensely in my direction. I shrug it off. What is it with boys being assholes today? Is it some kind of national holiday that i'm not aware of? "National Male's with Attitude Day" Wouldn't be surprised.