3. The Heartbreak

I spend the rest of my free period roaming the halls and end up outside Aaron's math class, obviously on purpose. I lean against the wall outside and patiently wait for him as groups of students walk out. I suddenly spot him within the flocks of students.

"Aaron! Aaron!!" I shout. No reply, no acknowledgement. I notice that he has taken an interest into another girl. A short, effortlessly pretty girl with red hair. I frown, still trying to get Aaron's attention. I clearly fail, and Aaron and the red headed chick are lost within the crowd.

             After that frustrating moment I attended music, which as i've already mentioned is my favourite class, but this time I far from enjoyed it. I instead had my face in my hands, and instead of trying to work out the identity of the rude jock from earlier, i'm now instead overwhelmed with jealousy of the girl who Aaron was just with. I could see them chatting, giggling to themselves and their cheeks coloured a rosy pink. Although i'm used to not being looked at in a romantic way by him, it pains me to see him flirting with other girls.
In class we discussed the upcoming production, and the teacher signed me up to sing a solo, which absolutely terrifies me! Getting up on the stage with the whole school watching me? Biggest fear. I know full well that i'll be sick with trembling nerves.

                 It's finally the end of the day, I walk towards the exit, once again searching for Aaron. I then see him beside the lockers through the corner of my eye, talking to.. the rugby boys. I  roughly overhear their conversation, hearing my name being mentioned.

"What's your deal with that Avery chick anyway? Don't tell me you like that weirdo" a teammate asks

"Ew no of course not, that's like dating my own sister." Aaron laughs

"Why do you even hang out with her anyway? I swear she's desperate."

"I saw her earlier shouting your name, looks like someone has attachment issues" another teammate sniggers

The silence after that comment is loud. Aaron stands there, not saying a word. He gives out a small smirk and agrees with his remark. My heart sinks to the ground. I can't believe that I ever liked that dick. I can't believe he could stand there and let them pricks talk about me that way.

"I only hang out with her cause I feel bad for her to be honest, if I didn't she'd have no friends. I mean, she's not exactly the prettiest girl in the world, no personality can really make up for that ugly grin of hers" Aaron sniggers

I feel tears swell in my glossy eyes as I stand there like a sour lemon. Aaron turns towards me and makes direct eye contact with me.

"Oh shiiiit" one guy sniggers

"Avery-"

"Save it, Aaron" I shout back at him in anger and dart off straight outside. Tears rush down my face and I sob into my sleeve. I run as fast as I can, and as far away as possible, until..

"SHIT"