5. The Return

For the past couple of weeks i've felt incredibly down. I've locked myself a way in my room, occasionally skipped meals, showered fewer times than usual and only showed my face downstairs once every so often. That includes now, Wednesday morning, sat in the living room staring out of the window longingly, accompanied by my father and sister.

     "You have to go back one day, Ry. You can't hide forever." My dad states sensitively

"Yeah Ry, staying away will just make things worse" Violet comments

"Will you guys just leave me alone?!" I snap, immediately regretting "Sorry. You're right"

"Avery I really think you should go back today, your mother and I have already had phone calls home about your absence. And we are really worried about you and your education"

I look up at dad with a sullen expression, realising that he has tears forming in his emerald eyes..

"I'm sorry dad, i'm so sorry" I quickly stand up and wrap my hands around him, giving him a loving hug "I'll go back today, i'll do it for you"

He smiles, a tear rolling down his cheek. I let go of him and rush upstairs to get ready. I don't bother with makeup, i don't bother making myself look nice. I feel like I have nobody to dress up for anymore, so what's the point? I chuck on a sweater and some joggers and get ready in time for the bus. The bus, my first biggest problem. Who do I sit on the bus with now?

I hurry outside, feeling rain droplets fall on my head as I run towards the bus. "Wait! Wait for me!" I yell as the bus is about to set off. Luckily the bus driver noticed me and stops. I climb onto the ratty bus, thanking the driver on my way through, and look around for an empty seat. Then I see him, Aaron. Slouched in the back, perfectly placed within the group of snaky rugby players. I scoff and take a seat in an empty chair, ignoring Aaron's eyes widen at my heavily unexpected appearance.

NOAH

After I drove that girl, Avery, home, she hasn't been back to school since, or I just haven't seen her. But I would highly doubt that if she turned up, I wouldn't notice her. She has long, flowy, chestnut brown hair which suited her emerald-green eyes beautifully. Her facial features were like nothing ever seen before. Her beauty definitely got my attention. I haven't yet made many friends at school, being the new guy. After what Avery told me about that dick, Aaron, i've steered clear from him. And for the rugby team, i've only acknowledged them during games, I overhear conversations between them which knock me violently sick. They constantly talk about there "birds" and hookups, from what I can hear they go out to clubs on the daily and treat girls horribly. I've never really been the type to go out drinking, I did go to parties, however. But that was when I actually had people to go with, friends. I'd like for Avery to return back to school, I felt privileged that she felt as if she could vent to me, so I think that makes up for the mis-judgement in the library. Every day for the last few weeks i've checked to see if she's in her 'usual spot', but every single time I look, I lose just a little bit more hope. Having had a meaningful conversation with her, I hoped that there could be a chance that she could maybe be my friend, my only friend at this school so far.

             My last school experience was completely different, but i've left it behind to start a fresh now. I was very similar to my previous description of the current rugby boys. I had girls over quite often, but I never pressured them into doing anything they didn't feel comfortable doing, and most important of all, I wore protection. I would never put myself or any girl at risk of anything through sex, not then, not ever.
My grades weren't great at my past school, either. But here is a fresh new start. I have been completing and submitting homework on time, not getting into any trouble whatsoever and steering myself clear from a bad reputation once again.