4. We Meet Again

"SHIT" I scream, tumbling to the ground after bumping into a figure in the field. We both crash to the ground, me directly on top of him. It's him. The guy from the library.
"Oh my fucking god, i'm so sorry." I yell, extremely flustered and incredibly humiliated. Tears still blur my vision as I climb off of him, his face is almost frozen in shock, I can tell that he is completely unsure of what to do. I mean, I would be too if a girl with tears streaming down her face just ran full pelt into me, I would probably also suffer with a concussion.

"You're the girl from the library, we meet again." he states, startled, then asks "What happened to you?"

"I don't want to talk about it, sorry for bumping into you." I jump up and start quickly walking off.

"Wait up!" the boy runs after me "I'm sorry about earlier, I won't sit there in future I promise"

I don't reply, avoiding eye contact with him at all costs.

"I'm Noah, what's your name?"

"Avery." I mutter

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"Avery. My name is Avery"

I eventually glance over to him and notice he now is wearing a red jersey, the same as the rugby team's. I stop in my tracks.

"I've never seen you, before today."

"I've just moved here, already stabilised a spot on the rugby team though" he laughs.

That's when it all clicks into place. I hadn't recognised the last name of the guy from this morning, because he's new.

"Noah Davis?" I stop in my tracks.

"Yeah, how'd you know??"

"You are the asshole who barged into me this morning!" I shout "You are the one who knocked me over, it was humiliating!"

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Right as school started! You darted right into me!"

"That was you? Fuck i'm sorry, it wasn't anything personal I promise I was in such a rush—"

"Don't bother, you're just like the rest of them"

"What?"

"The rugby team is full of assholes just like you! I've had the shittiest day thanks to your new team"

Herds of people suddenly huddle around us, as if we are performers in a circus. Many of them take out their phones and start recording us.

"Okay, you're causing a scene. Can I please just make it up to you and give you a ride home?"

"I get the bus, and I wouldn't like to get a ride from you anyway."

"Look, the bus is long gone by now, just let me take you home."

I look up at him, then the scattered people around us, and nod. He then lightly takes me wrist and guides me towards the car park. We climb into the car and are left in silence.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about why you were upset? There's clearly more of a reason than simply me accidentally pushing you over"

I take a harsh exhale and shift in the car seat so that i'm slightly angled in Noah's direction.

"I can't believe i'm telling you this.."
During the drive home I explain to Noah everything that happened with Aaron and the rugby boys, I even got carried away and included the fact that i've liked Aaron since we were little, which I have never trusted anyone with before.

"What the fuck? That's seriously messed up" Noah exclaims "You deserve better than that."

"Thanks.. For letting me vent to you. And for the ride home"

"Anytime. I'll try to not be in as much of a rush tomorrow morning" Noah smiles. "And, if you need to anyone to talk to, i'm here"

I nod and exit the car, letting out a huge sigh of sudden relief. It's been one hell of a day, i'm just so glad it's over. I enter my house, kicking off my shoes and tossing them on the shoe rack. I'm just about to run upstairs when I briefly notice Violet in the kitchen with her boyfriend, Liam, and to my disgust, they are sucking each others faces of!!

"Ew, Violet really?! Go and do that in your room or something" I huff, my face in pure disgust As if I thought my day couldn't get any worse.
I make it into my room and slam the door behind me, collapsing head first into my pillow. I let out a large scream, releasing the built up rage from the events of today. I hear a gentle knock on the door.
"Sweetie? Are you okay Ry-Ry?" that's my mothers nickname for me, Ry-Ry. She opens my door and sheepishly walks in and take a seat on the side of my bed. She strokes my hair softly.

"I'm okay, thankyou mom. I've just had a really bad day"

"If you need to talk to someone, i'm always here, okay hun?"

"Yeah, I just want to get some sleep if that's okay"

"Of course Avery, let me know if you need anything"

                  After that I doze off and I wake up the next day, feeling even worse than before. I feel a sunken pit rotting in my unsteady stomach and my head is pounding ferociously. The result of this is obvious, I don't attend school. But once day turns to two, two days turn to four, and four days drastically turn to two weeks. I don't know how I can ever show up to school again.