7. The Hangover

I open my eyes wearily, a bulging headache taking force. It takes me a few moments to realise that I am not actually in my bed at home, but in an unfamiliar room, settled in a large double bed, which definitely makes a change from my single bed. I groan, rising myself up from the bed with the little strength I have remaining. I almost stumble over my own feet as I head over to take grip of the bedroom door handle. I open it with little force and it takes my hazy eyes a moment to focus. I squint them, and roughly make out the silhouette of a person walking towards me. That's when I realise it's Noah.

"Hey, you're awake." Noah whispers

"What am I doing here, what happened?" I panic

Noah puts his finger to his lips and signals for me to quieten down "Don't worry, you were just.. a little.. drunk after the party so I brought you back to my place. I figured that you wouldn't appreciate me making your parents aware of you going out to a party"

"No, definitely not. Thankyou" I say softly, feeling the hangover drill through my entire body. Then I realise, does that mean- I blush red and my eyes widen "Was I in your bed?!"

"Yeah?" He replies in confusion, then he stumbles on his words when he realises what I am thinking "I uh, I slept on the couch, not with you"

My body relaxes, and I breathe out a sigh of relief. He stands awkwardly in front of me. The atmosphere is tense.
Noah looks up at the clock and says, "So.. It's half six. Would you like me to take you home now? Before your parents wake up?"

I peek through the window of the front door and notice the rain lashing down ferociously from the heavy clouds, "If you don't mind, that would be great, thankyou" I smile. I then quietly grown and hold my face in my hands, "I can't believe I drank that much last night, my head hurts so bad"

"Here, have a glass of water before we set off. There may not be a cure for hangovers but it sure does help" he moves over to the sink and pours me a glass of water. He places it on the counter and sits down on one of the stools beside it. "Come sit" he taps the stool beside him. I perch upon the beige padded stool and take small sips of the water.

"Please don't say I did anything embarrassing last night, Delilah would never let me hear the end out it."

"Besides from climbing up onto the table and dancing in front of everyone, I think you were well-behaved."

"Oh shit" I cover my face in embarrassment "Why do I do this to myself."

Noah chuckles, then leans against the top of the island with his elbows. "It could've been worse." he pauses for a moment and then reveals "I once went skinny dipping in the pool when I was drunk, it was the worst experience seeing my friends the day after"

I laugh "I didn't know people even skinny dipped anymore"

"Neither, to make it worse I was the only one"

I burst out laughing, now that is pretty humiliating. We chat for a while, till I finally finish the endless glass of water he offered me. I shift in my seat and then recognise the cold breeze blowing against my uncovered skin, realising that I am still dressed in the revealing fabric from last night. Noah notices this and then rises up from his seat and grabs a khaki green hoodie which hangs on a hook beside the front door. "Here, take this." he gestures, handing me the sweater and smiling generously "It's clean, I promise. I doubt you would want to go outside in that weather in a dress, I know I wouldn't"

"Since when did you wear dresses?" I tease.

He stops, laughs to himself and then let's out a smirk "Are you questioning my style, Avery?"