Coffee, hoods and warnings

Phoebe Age 16

Its been a month since my 'attack' on Morgan. Luckily after my mum went ape on Morgan's Mum about the bullying which I had proof via messages they agreed not to press charges. Pregnancy hormones for the win. Mums about ready to drop with my little sister Ellie. Headmaster Aldrin agreed with the dropping charges as I'm one of the schools brightest and most promising. I for one didn't care I didn't regret it. But alas I needed a punishment for going all MMA on her arse, I received a two week exclusion and forbidden from prom. I didn't care about prom it wasn't mine and Janie's scene anyway. Marcus tried to ground me but Mum defended me thank the lord. Janie also got excluded for participating but her dad just high fived her for having my back, that man loves me like I was his own. We spent almost everyday of those two weeks at my house studying for our remaining GCSE's. Ash came over after school with Cassie everyday to see how we were holding up. I was fine she finally got a taste of her own medicine and according to Cassie she's left the quiet groups alone, so win win. I happened to give her two black eyes and a broken nose as well as some bruised ribs. Could've been worse if no one stopped me. Janie had also broken Sienna's nose. I bet their prom photos will be comical. Everyone at school was now calling us the loony Lesbos, how original. At least there was only two weeks left when we returned.

Ash tried to talk to me about Reuben but I refused to listen, he blew up my phone for the two full weeks, begging me to let him explain. Honestly it hurt. I trusted him and he told my biggest insecurity to a known bully, seriously what did he think was going to happen?
He texted me daily but I didn't reply, I made sure to leave my read receipts on so he knew I was ignoring him. Because well I'm petty and Janie encourages my inner bitch.

"Let me explain pls Pheebes"

"I'm sorry!"

"Talk to me"

"I miss you🙃❤️"

"We've never not spoke for this long"

"She pinched my phone and snooped"

That made me laugh because he must of known she'd seen something but never thought to give me the heads up. Thanks for having my back 'friend'.

After my two week exclusion was up we had our last two weeks of exams before we broke up and officially left school. The first week back I gave him my favourite Casper treatment. Therefore he was a ghost to me. Dead. I ignored him when he called my name in the hall and looked through him when he tried sitting at my lunch table.
On our last week of school Mum sat me down and told me to listen to him and hear his side of the story. I scowled the full time during her speech, who's child was hers? Shouldn't she have my back no matter what? She'd said he'd called her and explained what had happened, and I need to listen. So I agreed to meet him at the local coffee shop, their caramel ice coffees were to die for. Ash wanted to come for support but I needed to do this on my own. Big girl and all.

I was sat anxiously picking at my nails, a really bad habit of mine. I want to see him because I miss him but at the same time I don't because I know I'll cave as soon as I see those dimples.
It's cold out today and keeps
drizzling so I was wearing black leggings, one of Ash's grey hoodies and my Uggs. I pulled the hood down and straightened out my brown hair over my shoulders, an older lady kept shotting my hood up dirty looks, I didn't want to get shot out the place. The older generation are so judgemental, what did she think I was going to do rob her?
As I continue my staring contest with her I hear the bell chime above the door. It was Reuben don't ask me how I knew I could just tell when he entered a room. It was like my body was drawn to him. I kept my gaze straight ahead as he slipped into the booth. He sat across from me and not next to me, good I didn't want him so close. I kept staring at him if he thought I was speaking first he can think again. After more uncomfortable silence he finally sighed and began talking.
"I know I fucked up Pheebes." He blew out a breath and pushed his hair back off his forehead. It was getting long, it needed a cut.
"I can't say anything that will make this better because I should have told you. I should have told you as soon as I knew she'd snooped." I lifted up my palm to indicate him to stop.
"Stop right there. How did she even get on your phone ? Does she know your password? If not you'd have had to use your thumb print." I interrupted him. He looked anxious as if what ever he was about to say was going to piss me off. Before he began speaking he looked at the table avoiding my eyes. Tracing an old coffee stain with his finger.
"I think Tom must have put it in for her. We were all drinking at his I didn't even notice it was missing, until Jack told me she had it. I thought she was just going to post something to embarrass me but I snatched it and seen it was your mums texts." I go to open my mouth but he continues "I know I should of told you she knew but I blew up on her saying if she ever told anyone I'd tell everyone at school she gets coke from her brother. I genuinely thought she wouldn't say anything I'm sorry Pheebes, truly. Forgive me?" My face shows nothing but my minds going a mile a minute thinking everything through. He's lying about something he always avoids eye contact when he lies. But I genuinely believe he thought she wouldn't say anything. Yes I'm not happy she knows but I'm glad he didn't out right tell her. That I couldn't forgive. I truly hate that girl. I honestly believe if he ever went there with her I'd never speak to him again. I can't stand to be around her either so that will stop.

"I'll forgive you on two conditions." I say and he looks up and smiles flashing those dimples.
"Anything!" He breathes out he's already started slouching back in the booth.
"She doesn't come anywhere near me-"
"Done! I won't even hang with her either. We start college after the summer so we'll have new friends anyway."
"And if you ever went there with her, me and you this friendship. Dead. Gone. Dust." I say. His smile slips a bit as if that bothers him but then he replies, smile back in place.
"Done. I promise Pheebes." He then extends his pinky lifting his brows. I laugh at his childishness before extending mine, they interlock and we kiss our fingers. Promise made.