The Sun and The Moon

CAELUS

My name means "sky" or "heaven" in an ancient language from what I read in a book my sister brought for me.

I have a twin sister her name is Stelle, she's brave, strong, kind and comprehensive.
She's always willing to test new things, always goes out of her way to help people and will always be there to put a smile on peoples faces by doing dumb shit.
But most importantly she's always there to save me, to protect me.

She's like a hero who put his life on the line to protect his loved ones, like a fierce fire that guides people in the dark, to put it in more grandiose term she's like the SUN, a very bright and beautiful SUN.

And I am the shadow behind her, I'm just another star orbiting around her, yeah... I'm just the MOON destined to be protected by her, even though i want to be at least a MOON who can stand beside her and help protect the other stars and planet of our galaxy.

7 years ago we were living in an orphanage, mother said she found us in the part of the city corrupted by what they called the fragmentum, she said it miracle that we even were alive in the first place.

In the orphanage time was hard but we were very happy, since she didn't know when we were born mother choose to celebrate our birthday the day she found us.

At the time everything was simple, but on our fifth birthday that's when our power awakened, nobody in the orphanage had power and from what I saw outside, in the news and in books we were the only ones with power on this planet. Mother didn't know how to handle all of this so she forbade us of using our power.

Our powers were very straightforward, we were able to reinforce our body this allowed us to run faster, jump higher, break big rock with a single punch, to tank more damage and channel our power to an object to reinforce it. It was my sister who find out about all of that, she break through the interdiction and use them for fun in secret because like she said
"With these power we will be able to beat the bad guy and protect everyone in the orphanage."

But everything changed two years later, it was like another day of the week me and Stelle were in charge of cleaning the living room when it happened, Stelle was not feeling well and began breathing heavily so I ran to call mother for help but it was too late.
When we arrived a big chunk of the house was nowhere to be seen and Stelle was in the center of the explosion and many children who were supposed to there were not.

I ran to my sister to see if she was alive while mother was overwhelmed by what she witness.
After the incident mother sold us because she needed money to repair the orphanage and this was also her chance to get rid of use, and to be real I can't really be mad at her for that because she was just a regular human who was doing her best to save children and one day she happen to find two child who can kill her and all the other child she found in second, so yeah I understand her choice.

Me and my sister were sold to a mafia group who reigned over the district. The only reason they bought us was for our power, because with our power we were able to go freely inside the fragmentum and mined the resources for a long time without dying.
Every day was hard at that period because every time we got into the fragmentum we had a time limit, and a quota of ressources to bring out to respect and when we didn't brought with us enough ressources we would get beaten up.

One day my sister came to me with a big smile on her face and told me this "Caelus !!! Caelus !!! I got big news, boss said we can stop go in the frag...tum thing and he will give us easy mission !!!"

"Oh ! that's cool, what are the other mission."

"Don't know... but here as gift for our hard work he gave me a book, I know really like to read complicated book so you can have it."