- 36 -

-

I GESTURED for Jungwon to leave, acknowledging the need to address the situation with Hanni. He nodded understandingly, his eyes betraying a hint of curiosity, and left the room, giving us some space to talk.

As I walked towards the door, I could feel a mix of emotions bubbling up within me - embarrassment at my previous actions, and frustration at the situation I found myself in. Hanni stood there waiting for me, a sly smile playing on her lips, and her eyes full of amusement. She cocked her head to one side and teased me, "Well, well, well. What was that little outburst all about?"

As I spoke, I could feel my face growing warm, my cheeks flushing slightly as I tried to explain the situation to Hanni. I let out a sigh, hoping she would understand. "I know it might have looked bad, but trust me, there was nothing going on between Jungwon and me. We were just messing around, tickling each other like a couple of kids," I said, my voice tinged with defensiveness.

Hanni's raised eyebrow added a touch of skepticism to her playful smirk. "So, it was just a playful tickle, huh?" she retorted, her tone dripping with playful sarcasm. Her words conveyed a sense of doubt, as if she suspected there was more to the story than what was being told.

My eyes rolled involuntarily, and I crossed my arms, feeling the need to defend myself further. "Hanni, you know Jungwon and I have a love-hate relationship. He'll always be my enemy, and I'll always be his rival. It's just how it is."

Hanni's teasing smirk softened, and she placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "I know, Jurin. I was just teasing you. But sometimes, things can change, you know? Even between rivals," she said gently, her voice carrying a hint of sincerity.

I managed a small smile, grateful for Hanni's understanding. "Thanks, Hanni. But trust me, Jungwon and I will always be at odds. There's no changing that," I replied, my voice filled with conviction, though a small part of me wondered if Hanni was onto something deeper.

As we walked towards the vast, open field that lay ahead, we could feel the residual tension from earlier melting away, replaced by a sudden burst of adrenaline. The air was thick with anticipation and excitement as we took our positions, ready to start the game of tug of war. I found myself on one team, while Jungwon stood on the opposing side, his gaze fixed on me. A flicker of competitiveness ignited within me as I stole a quick glance at him, and I knew that this was going to be a fierce battle.

As soon as the teams were assigned, I glanced around to see who I would be working with. To my left were Danielle, Hanni, and Jay, while to my right were Beomgyu, Kai, Sunghoon, and Haerin. On the other team, led by Jungwon, I spotted Yuri, Heeseung, Yeonjun, Hyein, Minji, Soobin, and Taehyun. It was a diverse group of individuals, each with their own unique skills and personalities, and I couldn't wait to see what we could accomplish together.

As the whistle blew and the game commenced, a sudden surge of energy filled the air and the intensity was palpable. Each participant had a determined look etched on their face as they gripped the rope with all their might. The thick rope strained under the immense pull, causing the muscles in our arms to flex and bulge. Beads of sweat glistened on our brows as we pulled with all our might. At that moment, I locked eyes with Jungwon, and an unspoken challenge passed between us, fueling the already intense rivalry. The world around us faded away as we remained locked in a stare-down, both of us refusing to give an inch.

As the intense battle raged on, every move became crucial. Amidst the chaos, my attention was drawn to Yuri's seemingly subtle attempts to touch Jungwon's hand. At first, I thought it was an innocent gesture, but as I saw the pattern repeat, I realized it was a deliberate distraction tactic. I felt a sudden surge of frustration and anger, but I knew I couldn't let it affect my focus. With a deep breath, I pushed the negative emotions aside and refocused on the task at hand.

+*___________*+
A\N

I hope you guys enjoyed and liked this chapter. Please follow vote and comment to show your support. I am going to post new books soon so follow to get updated on when I post them.
I also have other books, so go check them out if you'd like!

Check out my other books, now out!

I LOVE YOU