- 41 -

-

AS THE GAME kicked off, the atmosphere buzzed with anticipation. The two teachers stepped forward, while the teacher's voice cut through the excitement, instructing everyone to form groups of four.

Glancing at my friends, I planned to stick with them, until a mischievous grin from Hyein led to a playful yet forceful shove, causing me to collide with someone, emitting a soft grunt. At that moment, a familiar cologne scent wafted through the air, triggering memories.

Turning to see Jungwon rubbing his side in discomfort, my gaze shifted to Hyein, who winked mischievously. I sighed, shooting her a reproachful look before offering Jungwon an apologetic and flustered expression, quickly averting my eyes away.

Since not all my friends could be in the same group, I decided to pull in one of my girlfriends, a smirk playing on my lips as their plan to pair me alone with Jungwon and two other randoms exclusively failed.

Observing our team consisting of Yuri, Hanni, Jungwon, and myself, we huddled together as the teacher began laying out the rules of the game.

"Each team will have a circle drawn around them by the staff, which will shrink each round. The goal is to remain within your circle until the last team standing. Only two members can fall out before elimination," the teacher explained, addressing any queries.

As the teacher drew a circle around us, I found myself pressed against Jungwon's side, feeling his warmth seep through. Yuri stood on his other side, while Hanni was by mine, forming a tight-knit circle.

After a successful first round that saw all teams progress, the circles were reduced in size, prompting the next phase of planning.

"Let's strategize!" the teacher's voice boomed over the megaphone, igniting a flurry of discussions among the teams.

"I have an idea," Yuri proposed, wrapping her arms around Jungwon. "You could carry me, and Hanni could carry Jurin." Her innocent smile belied a persistent undertone as she nestled against Jungwon. I rolled my eyes, noting Yuri's persistence despite Jungwon's initial reluctance.

"I think we can come up with a better plan," Jungwon responded before Hanni effortlessly lifted Yuri, putting her plan into action.

"Quick, you carry Jurin. We have ten seconds!" Hanni urged as Yuri scoffed. Making eye contact with Jungwon, a soft blush crept on both our cheeks. Despite our momentary hesitation, there was no time to spare as Jungwon lifted me, eliciting a small gasp. Squeezing into the circle, our bodies snugly pressed together, we watched as other teams struggled to maintain balance.

"The winning team gets a night in the suite cottage for up to five people!" the teacher announced, sparking a mix of disappointment and competitiveness among the teams.

After the second round, only four teams remained, and the circles were further reduced in size.

"With four people, you must choose two to exit your circle within a minute," the teacher declared, prompting a quick decision-making process.

"Shall we do rock, paper, scissors?" I suggested sheepishly.

"No need for that! Come on, Yuri," Hanni interjected, leading Yuri out of the circle despite her protests.

Jungwon and I exchanged glances, quickly looking away. "What's the plan?" I asked, wrapping my arms tighter around his neck to maintain balance. Jungwon's breath hitched before he responded.

"I'll keep carrying you. We'll strategize in the next round," Jungwon replied, and I nodded. As the timer ran out, only three teams remained, with one member inadvertently stepping out of the circle.

As the circle shrank further, it came down to two teams: Jungwon and me versus Haerin and Niki. Haerin rode piggyback on Niki as I remained in Jungwon's arms. The competitive tension between Jungwon and Niki was palpable as the teachers approached to reduce the circle.

In the final round, the challenge was to lift one leg off the ground and maintain balance. Both Jungwon and Niki, adept at balancing from their dance practices, lifted a leg each.

I watched intently as Niki began to wobble slightly but held his ground. Observing Haerin's contemplative expression, I sensed a plot brewing.

"Achoo!" Haerin 'sneezed' loudly to the side, causing Niki to lose balance and tumble out of the circle, still carrying Haerin.

"...Bless you," Niki mumbled, displaying a hint of disappointment at his defeat.

"And the victors are Team Wonrin!" the teacher announced as cheers erupted from our classmates. We exchanged smiles before pausing in unison, "Wonrin?!" we exclaimed, surprised by our team name.

Hanni and Yuri ran over to us. Hanni cheered and Jungwon set me down gently. Hanni jumped and hugged me as Yuri crossed her arms.

"Are you proud of the team name?" Hanni whispered in my ear before pulling away and smirking at me.

I playfully hit her shoulder. "You sly fox." I shook my head in disbelief as Hanni laughed.

+*___________*+
A\N

I'm trying as hard as I can to provide you guys with fast updates!
Curse school for making me not be able to give you guys what you want.

I hope you guys enjoyed and liked this chapter. Please follow vote and comment to show your support. I am going to post new books soon so follow to get updated on when I post them.
I also have other books, so go check them out if you'd like!

Check out my other books, now out!

I LOVE YOU