0 • Smiling through the Pain

Fire... fire swept across Japan as a lone boy sat in shock... his home was just wiped out in an instant by a large fire...

The charred remains of his parents were barred under the rubble of his old home.

The boy did nothing... his mind blank trying to process what was happening.

The fire creeped in closer.

Only when his pajama shirt caught on fire did his mind catch up.

The boy shakingly stood up and started running... he didn't know where but he ran.

As he ran his skin started to itch as purple lines stretched up his arm...

*BOOM*

An explosion rang out throughout the city...

The boy looked back just in time to catch the full brunt of a nuclear shockwave as a power plant near by exploded...

In a dark room a young man took a sharp inhale as he shot up from his bed. Before he devolved into a violent coughing fit as boiling blood fell from his mouth like a waterfall.

After the violent coughing fit stopped he let out multiple raspy pants...

Slowly getting his barrings the man attempted to stand up, only for his face to twist in pain as he falls face first to the floor.

His legs started to twitch uncontrollably and multiple blood vessels popped. This persisted for only a minute before his legs returned to normal.

Finally getting up the boy walked to the bathroom and looked himself in the mirror.

His long deshelved black hair had red highlights and was coated in a fresh layer of blood. His corneas were pitch black and his pupils were red. The corners of his mouth were stitched together as a bit of blood leaked from the spaces between. He had a long scar over his nose, and a huge burn scar on his forehead.

Examining the rest of his body showed multiple scars of varying levels of severity.

His long claw like nails paused at one over his heart... a large burn scar that had a soft red and purple glow pulsate around it...

 a large burn scar that had a soft red and purple glow pulsate around it

(Kinda like this, but his face is more scarred... kinda like I described)

With a sigh the man walked himself into the shower to clean off all the blood from his body.

The cold water washed away the red as the man lets out a sigh of content.

After finishing his shower he walks out of his room and gets dressed... trying to ignore the blood stained sheets... he'll do them later.