M >>>>

M hated being alone. And he constantly felt alone, no matter how many Red Steves surrounded him. Maybe the problem was the very fact that Red Steves surrounded him. Maybe the problem was that he wanted more. Oh, who was he kidding. Everyone in the Red Kingdom including M himself was acutely aware of how much more he wanted. Of how alone he felt. This, of course, went ignored.

He voiced his displeasure to his leader, once again begging him to reconsider the kingdom's position, telling the man just how lonely he was. Rather than caving or coming to some sort of agreement, the Red Leader claimed to have 'solved' his loneliness. By forcing him to be babysat by the Professor.

It was no secret that M wasn't too fond of Professor Red. Most people weren't. He was erratic and unpredictable, which wasn't entirely his fault, M tried to reason. Yet, he always felt uncomfortable around him, like the guy would snap—even more than he already had—any day now.

In the Red Leader's words, forcing the two to spend time together would "keep both lunatics in check" which M thought was a bit rude. He denied any sort of similarity between him and the Professor.

Still, it didn't matter how much he complained, here he was. In the heart of the Red Kingdom, being babysat by a person more immature than him. The Professor wasn't paying much attention to him, instead spending his time fiddling with some sort of red device.

M was sat on a certainly uncomfortable metal chair up against a large table. A few empty seats away from him was Professor Red, completely focused on whatever he was doing. M kicked his feet around, beyond bored. Not only was the Professor ignoring him, but there was nothing to do in his lab. He wasn't allowed to touch anything.

M thought it was certainly unfair, but if he were to complain, he'd probably be either ignored or scolded. He hadn't been yelled at by the Professor yet, but that didn't mean the guy was incapable of it.

His eyes darted around the lab. He was surrounded by things that were either incredibly boring or restricted. M wondered if he could slip away into one of the rooms without Professor Red seeing him.

Watching the Professor carefully like a hawk, M slowly slid off of the metal chair and began creeping backwards towards a room. Just when he thought he was out of his line of sight, the Professor glanced at him.

"Apprentice. Stay here."

M groaned and returned to his seat, slumping down. "Call me M." He spat, his voice a little more venomous than he meant it to be.

Professor Red looked at him with a weird expression, and M couldn't help but feel like he was being judged. Then he shrugged and returned to looking at his device. "Okay. M, then."

He didn't expect the Professor of all people—basically the Red Leader's best friend—to respect his name. He relaxed a bit and looked elsewhere. The Red Leader didn't give him that same sort of respect. He insisted M to 'not be ridiculous'. He frowned thinking of it.

"What're you working on?" M asked. In reality, his interest was minimal, but he didn't want to go back to that boring silence.

"Teleportation device, for my assistant."

"You have an assistant?" M frowned. He thought the Red Leader was the only one who insisted having someone around to help out.

"Android." Professor Red corrected.

"Oh." M paused. "So, like...a robot?"

"Bingo."

M sighed. It was in character for the Professor to have a robot around rather than a living Steve. Still, he looked around, and any robot looking assistant was nowhere to be found. "I assume you don't have it lying around?"