Part 14

Daryl's POV
I sat on the couch with Beth as I stared at Chris, Jesus friend.

"So, how about we open up some beer?" Luke suggested as I nodded. I drank some beer as they all talked about something I didn't care about. I saw some guy walk in the apartment as someone was behind him. Jesus. Of course... I looked at Beth as she looked at me.

"Hey, don't be so grumpy." She smiled as I looked away and stared at him. "I think you should talk to him. At least a little bit." We all sat as we talked about what we will do after school. I sighed and looked at my phone.

Paul's POV

"So. I heard that you – Paul – were a thing with Daryl" Luke talked as I looked at him confused.

"Bullshit. Where did you hear it?" I asked as I saw Daryl tense up, anger filling him up.

"I saw it." He smirked as I narrowed my eyes at him. Daryl stood up and left. I looked at Beth as she mouthed 'go, now.'. I stood up.

"You are bunch of assholes." I said punching lightly Luke in the head. I left the apartment trying to catch on Daryl. I ran out outside seeing Daryl walking away.

"Daryl!" I yelled his name seeing him stop. "Just listen."

"No!" He yelled turning to me. "I can't believe anything you say" He yelled as I stepped closer to him.

Third POV

"Stop being so stubborn and just listen to me!" Paul yelled as Daryl stood quietly. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I broke you heart. It was only once. I was drunk. I didn't know what I was doing, but it happened all at the beginning. Then I slowly fell for you and I fell really hard. I really like you, Daryl. I care about you more than anyone else." Jesus stayed quiet.

"How about yesterday? You showed me how much you ''like'' me?"

"I was hurt. I was hurt that you were with Beth and I know it's all fake."

"It ain't fake." Daryl said as Paul chuckled.

"She told me everything." Daryl stared, still glaring, Paul stepped closer. "There was so many girls and guys but you were the one who got me..."

"And lost me." Daryl said coldly making Paul feel hurt.

"Daryl, please. Let me fix this, let me prove that this isn't just a deal I made."

"No." He said stepping away. Jesus felt my eyes fill with hot tears, soon rolling down his cheeks.

"Then what should I do? I-I can't. I fucking love you. Don't do this t-to me." Paul wiped the tears away as they kept flowing. Daryl felt like crying himself. He wanted to embrace Paul, press him hard against himself, but something was holding him back.

"Just stop crying." Daryl said as he walked over Paul and embraced him. They stayed quiet, enjoying each other's presence. Daryl felt his eyes stung as tears started to fill his eyes. He wiped them away as pulled away from Paul staring into his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Paul whispered. Daryl nodded and smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry too" Daryl whispered. He looked down and then again at the other male. "I'll go now. See you around."

Paul watched Daryl leave standing in shock. Was he forgiven? Is everything fine between them? Are they in relationship again? Or they the same strangers how it was before?

Paul smiled at himself and went home.

Daryl walked into his house seeing his father laying on the ground, bottles of beer, vodka everywhere. The smell was filled with alcohol, pee, rotten food and god know what more. He walked to his old room seeing everything in the place how it was left. He picked some clothes that was left. He went into the bathroom picking the clothes he left to dry and shoved it into his backpack.

"Daryl?" He heard the old man yell as goose bumps went through his whole body. He went outside seeing his father standing in the hallway.

"What do you want?" I stared at him as he threw a bottle at me as I squatted down, the bottle hit the wall. I looked at him surprised as he punched me. I laid on the ground not saying anything. I felt huge pain on my back making me grunt. He hit me with some stick. I felt rage fill me as I stood up and punched him making him fall.

"You stupid motherfucker." I grunted as he stood up.

"How dare you punch your own fucking father, you ungrateful piece of shit" He charged at me as I punched him again and then again making him fall. I kicked him in the stomach as he threw up everything he drank.

"I'm done with ya'r shit." I picked my backpack and left the house hearing my father yelling something that I honestly didn't give a shit about.

I went to the old park as I sat don't searching in my bag. I took it out as I started rolling a joint. Finally, I inhaled few times as after sometime I felt it kicking in. I don't do this often, I usually pass but now I needed it. I laid on a bench feeling myself escape from reality. I closed my eyes as I enjoyed the quietness. I heard someone walk towards me as I sat up ant looked over who was it. Of course.

"Hey" I said as Beth walked over to me.

"I figured you would be here. Hey what happened to your f-"She was about to touch me as I slapped her hand away. She stared at me worried.

"It's nothin' important. Just go where you were goin'." I rested my back against the bench. She stared at my eyes.

"Are you fucking high?!" She looked at me horrified as I shook my head.

"Just go." I stared at her as she stood for a while and then just left. I watched her leave as I felt myself whisper.

"Don't go"