Part 12

Daryl's POV

The last lessons went slowly. It was so boring. I hated everything about Spanish. The teacher looked like she was about to punch someone in the face. Honestly, I was scared of her. I stared out the window resting my head on my arm. I saw people already leaving school as I looked over the clock seeing there is few minutes left till the bell. I closed my notes as I stared at the window seeing Paul with his friends leaving school. I stared at him. I can't say anything to anyone that I still feel something for him, but I guess I'm still allowed stare at him as much as I want. I heard the bell rung as I shoved everything into my backpack, started to leave school. I was close to the exit door as I heard yelling and screaming outside. I went outside seeing some three people going somewhere as a group of teens went after them. I focused seeing it was... Rick, Shane... And Lori. I started running after them as they went behind some building as they punched each other. I walked towards them both as Rick raised his hand.

"Stop. Don't" He yelled as I narrowed my eyes. I looked back at everyone as they flinched. They started leaving. That's what I thought. Bunch of pussies. Rick punched Shane. Shane nose started to bleed as he kicked Rick in the stomach making him fall grunting. Lori screamed and then looked at me with anger.

"Do something! They're gonna kill each other!" She yelled as I stared at her.

"How 'bout you don't cheat on ya'r boyfriend!" I yelled into her face as she was about to slap me, I grabbed her hand squeezing it as she whimpered in pain. I let go as she stared at them fighting. Blood dripping out of their noses, mouths. Rick screamed as he got on top of Shane punching him hard. That's when I knew it has to stop. I grabbed Rick off him and dragged him away.

"That's enough." I said as I picked his face into my hands checking him out.

"oh so now he is your best friend?!" Shane yelled. I stood up not looking at him.

"Daryl!" Rick managed to scream as I turned around feeling pain on my check. I looked at Shane who smiled, blood all over his teeth. I punched him hard knocking him out. He fell down as Lori went next to him. I looked around seeing some people as I noticed Paul. We stared at each other as I heard Rick grunt. I looked over to him as he tried to get up, I wrapped his hand around my neck as I started to go to the hospital as Glenn, Maggie, Beth, Tara, Michonne ran after us. I bit my lip feeling my cheek stung.

"He punched you pretty hard" Glenn stated as we were walking towards the hospital.

"Mhm" I grunted as Glenn laughed.

"But you knocked him out with one single punch!" Glenn looked at everyone as others weren't smiling. "I just thought it's cool.." He said quietly as everyone else smiled.

Finally we left the hospital as Rick held pack of ice to his face. We went to McDonalds' as we ate there, just talked. I felt my phone buzz as I looked who messaged me.

I need the stuff. I'm waiting for you next to my house.

-Luke

I sighed as I stood up as everyone looked at me surprised.

"I have stuff to do. I'll be going now. See you tomorrow" Everyone waved goodbyes as I hugged goodbye to Beth. I left the restaurant as I went to the place. I walked towards the guy giving him the pack with weed. He gave me the money as I counted it and put it in my pocket.

"You keep wanting more. What's up?" I asked as he sighed.

"I want more, ya know." I stared at him as it started to rain pretty hard. I nodded.

"Don't over do it." I turned around and started walking away.

"It's funny to hear that from you" I heard him say. I ignored it. I walked through the city to the bar. I almost reached it seeing someone stand near to the door as I was about to walk in I felt someone grab my hand. I pushed my hand away seeing it was Paul. I stared at him as he looked down.

"Daryl. I need to talk to you.."

"Do ya want me put another black eye?" I hissed into his face as he looked into my eyes with pain.

"Just hear me out..." He whispered as I shook my head.

"No. Stop bothering me. I'm with Beth." I said harshly.

"Do you love her?" He asked quietly looking at the ground. I gulped. There was a silence for a while.

"Yes. A lot." I said as he looked at me surprised as he thought I would say no. Hah. Good.

"Okay. If you are saying truth. I'll leave. I won't bother you ever again." He stared at me once more as if he screamed that I would stop him, but he left.

Days were passing by fast. It was always raining. This kind of weather always gave me depression. I sat in the bus stop staring at the rain, puddles. I thought about everything. The whole situation. Merle, no home, was cheated on, lying to my friends, faking a relationship, my future. I felt my heart ache. I inhaled the cold air into my lungs, exhaling with a shiver. I looked down at my wet shoes as the view got blurry from the tears. I closed my eyes as I rested my head against the glass of the bus stop. I listened to the rain and cars passing by, I took out a pack of cigarettes as I took out one. I opened my eyes as I put it between my lips as I light it up inhaling the smoke let it feel my lungs. I slowly exhaled seeing smoke escaping my lips.

"Smoking isn't good for you, you know?" I heard a female voice as I looked at my right. It was a girl with curly brown hair. I stared at her confused.

"And?" I stared at her as she smiled.

"And you should stop" She smiled as I looked away.

"What if I don't want to?" I said as she chuckled.

"I see you were having a moment there. Sorry for interrupting. Name's Carol" She sticked her hand as I shook it.

"Daryl" I grunted as she kept smiling.

"Are you going to that school near here?" She asked as I nodded. "I'm going to that school that is two blocks away, it's called McBride high school."

"I know it. Why are tellin' me this?" I kept smoking.

I think you're pretty cute" She smirked and checked me out. I chuckled quietly.

"I have a girlfriend tho." I stood up. "See you around" I left without letting her say anything. This was weird but kind of comforting.