Hospitals

Chapter 12: Hospitals

Recap...

All of a sudden I heard different voices calling out my name. It is like they were surrounding me. These voices made me feel calm. As I was starting to feel calm I felt something pierce into my skin. Something sharp and something I haven't felt in a long time. On the inside I started to panic. I felt uneasy and I could hear some sort of beeping getting faster and faster as every second passed by. I could hear people screaming and yelling. After a while, I felt a few hands over me. Checking my neck, arms, wrists and chest. Out of no where I felt these waves going through my body, something I have never felt before.

After that I didn't feel anything at all.

-----

I didn't know where I was. White wall, no doors, no windows, just two white chairs and a white table in the centre of the room. This place was absolutely unknown to me. I have no clue how I got here, or who got me to this place. No one could get in or out of this place, but the biggest question was 'How did I get in here?' I walked towards the walls and started banging them to see if anybody could hear me. I kept on repeating my action, but I don't think that there is anyone out there to hear me. I gave up and sat down on one of the chairs in the room. I was just sitting in the room for such a long time. It felt like I have been sitting there for a thousand years.

I think I fell asleep while I was just sitting there. When I woke up I saw a man sitting on the chair in front of mine. It totally freaked me out. The man was dressed in a white three piece suit, with a white tie and white shoes. It is really weird, because no one dresses in all white ever. Brooke would have killed that man for doing such a thing.

"How did you get in here? And who are you?" I asked the man. "I am God." Is all that the man said and put up a smile on his face. "Yeah right." I said and started laughing on how completely ridiculous that sounded. I tried to stop laughing but I couldn't. "Son, are you alright? You seam to be getting red in the face." He said. I finally tried to control my laughter. It took me a couple of tries to really stop.

"Are you serious?" I asked. He sat there with his hands crossed against his chest, with a straight face and said nothing at all. "Oh My God! I am so sorry for laughing like that." I said. "It is alright, Thomas. Do you know why you are here?" He asked me and shook my head in a way to say no. "You are here because you just died." He said with a serious look on his face. "What? No! I can't be dead. I am very much alive and a very healthy and fit person. I can't just die without any reason." I got up as I was talking and started pacing the room. AGAIN.

"Thomas, my son, can you please sit down." He said and I sat down. "I want you to go back." He said and I just sat there with a dumb and shocked look on my face. "I didn't want you to die so soon. I want you to go back to where you belong. It is because of Mr. Kobayashi you are here and I don't want you to be. You have so much to do when you go back. You came to New York to help your mother and I didn't mean for you to die out there. Go back and I won't bring you here for a very very long time, Thomas. You are a good human and a very brave and a very courageous man. Just don't let Katherine, that is her name isn't it? Just don't let her slip away." He said.

After we finished the talk I was just sitting there and wondering about what had just happened. It felt more like a dream that I was dreaming as I slept peacefully. I didn't feel like anything out of the ordinary. It did feel a little weird though, in my head. Suddenly, there was this bright light that completely blinded me.

The next thing I remember was opening my eyes and staring up at the ceiling. It felt like any ordinary day till a little pain kicked in. I looked around the room to see where I was and I saw machines beeping away loudly, IV fluids in my arm, medicines by the bedside table along with the water, oxygen tube in my nose and mom, dad and Kate sleeping on the chairs in different corners of the room. The chairs did look pretty uncomfortable from what I could see. I started looking around for a clock. Once I found it, the time read as 4:09 am. A little odd to be up at this time.