Packing & Goodbye

All rights to this book are reserved. Please do not copy the story line nor any scene from it. It takes a lot of courage to write your own book with your own ideas. Please do not steal them.

-----------

Chapter 1: Packing & Goodbye

I'm moving to New York soon and believe me, it isn't as easy as it looks like. I have lived in London all my life. It's really hard to leave everything back here. Starting a fresh isn't something I like to be honest. Even being the high profile lawyer I am, I could never win the argument against my mother. (The fact that she needed my help with the firm.) She has such a high number of people there - including my dad - and out of all of them, she needs me.

Oh, I'm sorry I seemed to have forgotten to introduce myself. My name is Thomas, Thomas John Reilly. I am a lawyer at Jordan, Reilly and Flynn. As you probably already suspected, it isn't exactly my name on the front door; it is my mother's. She was one of the founding member's of the firm. And please do not think I became a lawyer because of my mother or because she owns the firm because that wasn't the reason. I became a lawyer because I found it - and still do - exciting. You know, the moment I step into courtroom, It feels right. The courtroom is my second home.

I don't want to leave London. I don't want to leave my home.

My grandparents run a small cafe on Oxford Street. My grandfather retired three years back from the British army and he now helps my grandmother run the local cafe, that she started years back. I am really glad she is doing something that she loves and my grandfather is there with her, to support her.

Packing is the worst. I really cannot stand it. I removed the suitcases from the closet and set them on my bed. I started folding my clothes into the brown cases. God knows how many suits I actually have; most of my luggage was filled with them. Damn. Who knew packing would be so tiring. It took me three hours just to finish. Before you begin to whine, no, it isn't normal at the amount of clothing I have (especially for a man). I have so many clothes; I haven't a clue on how I am going to manage to fit everything.

I don't know how much I am going to miss London. I was born here, even though my mother is an American and my father, I don't really know about him. My grandparents brought me up. I don't think I would be anything without the two of them. Now that I have to leave them and go breaks my heart. Leaving the two most important people in my life... it's the most difficult thing I've ever had to do.

I stood in front of my closet and stared at it. Letting myself slip into deep thoughts until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw it was my grandma. I frowned, "Hey Nona, what you are you doing here?" I asked her.

She raised an eyebrow. "Oh, I'm just here to see you what you were doing," She spoke and glanced around the room. "My my, your room is a mess, Thomas! " She exclaimed as she whirled around. "And why are you still wearing your work clothes? Weren't you supposed to go and meet Brooke?"

I rubbed my face with my hand, groaning. "Ugh... Damn it, I totally forgot about that. Can you please call Brooke and tell her that I'll meet her in ten minutes?" She nodded her head and left my bedroom. I quickly grabbed a pair of jeans, a black T-shirt and a black leather jacket. I changed and hurried to her house meanwhile thanking whatever God that she only lives a block away from me.

I knocked on the door and nobody answered it. I removed the keys to her house and unlocked the wooden door. If your all thinking that I'm her boyfriend, then your wrong. Brooke is my best friend and she is like a sister to me. So don't be thinking anything wrong in those brains of yours.

I entered the house and saw that Brooke was fast asleep on the couch with Sam on her lap. And as a matter of fact, he is my godson. Brooke was wearing her pajamas. Sam is Brooke's one-year-old son and he is this cute little kid who is absolutely filled with enough naughtiness it would blow people's minds. I knelt down next to the couch and gently patted Brooke's shoulder.