Chapter nine

(A/n: thank you so much for 1,000 reads. It truly means a lot and I appreciate everyone who has been reading and voting. This is a little filer chapter again but it showed more of Charlie and Ivy's personality which I really liked writing their father-daughter dynamic. It also shows Bella having more personality than in the movies. The next chapter is going to be hectic. Calm before the storm!! Anywho, thank you again for reading and I can't wait for more!!

˚ 🦢・

It had been three weeks since Ivy's accident and so far she has painted her right foot toenails with Alice. Leaving her injured foot bare. Sledding with Emmett, but of course, Carlisle had to monitor in case Ivy hurt her ankle even more. Bake with Esme, and paint with Jasper, who kept his distance but Ivy never overstepped his boundaries. Read magazines and learn new hairstyles with Rosalie. Play piano with Edward and read with Carlisle.

She made the family have mandatory movie nights every Friday then on Saturday she would teach them how to cook. Carlisle has the weekends off, whenever he doesn't pick up a shift. He hasn't since Ivy got hurt and won't until she's fully healed. Ivy felt an unnatural pull towards him and was doing really well with ignoring it, but the more she hung around him the stronger it got. It's scaring Ivy a bit, but she won't bring it up to the family. She's always had a silly little crush on him but it's officially been two months since it started and it won't go away.

Ivy couldn't date her best friend's dad that's weird. He's (not counting the vampire years) five years older than her too. She hasn't told anyone other than Grace and Layla about her crush, but she has a strong suspicion that the rest of the Cullens know about it.

And with Ivy spending so much time with the Cullens it also meant Charlie starting to come around and talk to them. Especially Esme. Ivy thinks he has a crush on her and if the two start dating then Ivy definitely couldn't date Carlisle because eventually Esme could become her stepmom and if Ivy and Carlisle started dating she would be dating her stepmother's "brother." It was just too weird. So Ivy decided to never ever date Carlisle Cullen and try her damn hardest to get this silly crush gone.

˚ 🦢・

"I've decided," Ivy said crushing into the kitchen where her dad was sitting.

Bella went to the Cullens house to meet them for the first time and Ivy didn't want to interrupt. Ivy and Charlie had the house to themselves since Charlie had a day off which was rare nowadays. The two were spending father-daughter time and were heading out to get manicures.

"On what?" Charlie asked grabbing his keys.

"On whether or not to take a gap year," Ivy said hobbling down the steps with the help of her father.

"Well," Charlie said after a few seconds of silence.

"Oh right! I'm not taking the gap year. I'm going to go to the University of Washington at Seattle to study Criminal Justice and get rich and buy you a house in the middle of butt fuck nowhere because you love privacy so much," Ivy said getting into his cop car.

"Language," he said closing the door and going to the other side, "What are you going to do about Lacrosse?"

"Hopefully I'll be healed enough to play. I've been emailing the coach and talking about my situation. They don't play freshmen much anyway. They want them to watch. So, either way, I'll be good," Ivy said smiling.