━ 𝟎𝟎𝟐

PEARLS N JEWELS
"He was pearls, she was jewels."

BESIDES GETTING TRAMPLED BY LEE. Getting wet by Albert the dog and having a camera thrust in her face by Jordan—Juliana wondered if the chaos was because of her arrival or if newcomers were a rare sight.

Eventually, Will led the two girls to their room, which turned out to be Katherine's old art studio. Juliana marveled at the outstanding artwork adorning the walls, with two twin-sized beds for them.

"It was my mom's art studio," Will explained.

Juliana's eyes widened. "This is amazing. I had no idea that Katherine took an interest in painting." She remained stunned by the captivating paintings surrounding her.

A loud thud coming from a box, interrupted their admiration. "Will, are you gonna help?" Cole stood near the door. "There's a ton of stuff to bring up."

"We can do it," Jackie chimed in, and Juliana nodded in agreement.

"No, you both make yourselves at home, okay?" Will walked past them, leaving the painted room for the cousins to settle in.

Cole turned to Jackie, "Yeah. Don't worry about it, New York." He turned to Juliana, "You too, Juli." He walked away leaving the two girls standing there.

Juliana shared a knowing look with Jackie, who laughed at the anticipation. "I already know what you're gonna say.."

Closing the door, Juliana smirked, taking her seat on the left bed making Jackie take the right. "What am I gonna say?" she teased.

Jackie responded with a "you know" look, causing Juliana to laugh. "Oh, but come on, first, Alex was staring at you, and now, pool guy Cole is calling you New York."

"But what about Isaac?" Jackie challenged.

"What are you talking about?"

"I caught him glancing you," Jackie grinned. "Juli, it's like you're oblivious to your own beauty and the fact that New York guys can't help but stare."

Juliana slumped onto her bed. "Not this topic again, Jackie. Boys are the last thing on my mind right now. They're just distractions to society."

Jackie chuckled. "I get it, same here. But a little self-awareness wouldn't hurt, you know?"

"I've heard your self-awareness lectures enough," Juliana reassured her cousin just as a knock interrupted them, prompting her to sit up.

"Juliana, Jackie, it's me," Katherine's voice came from behind the door. "Mind if I come in?"

"Sure," Juliana replied.

"Will told me about what happened at the pool," Katherine said as she walked in and closed the door. "I'm so sorry about Albert; he just gets really excited sometimes."

Juliana laughed. "I think it's fine. I mean, he didn't really wet me."

"So how are you two girls settling in?"

Jackie focused on folding her clothes, seemingly oblivious to Katherine's words. "Fine," Juliana replied, noting Jackie's silence.