━ 𝟎𝟎𝟓

PEARLS N JEWELS
"He was pearls, she was jewels."

JULIANA STIRRED AWAKE to the sounds of her cousin searching for her shower bag. Her eyes, still heavy with sleep, rubbed as she yawned. Jackie noticed her awakening and greeted her with a smile.

"Morning," Juliana mumbled as she sat up.

Jackie, still on the hunt for her shower bag, asked, "Juli, do you know where my shower bag is?" She resorted to using her phone's flashlight to peek under the bed, eventually finding it. "Never mind," Jackie concluded.

Juliana chuckled, "What time did you wake up?"

Jackie settled on her bed, checking her shower bag's contents, "5:17 AM. I went out for a run with Nathan."

Juliana groaned, wishing she could be as proactive as her cousin. However, her dedication to schoolwork made up for her reluctance to rise early.

Some might even call her a nerd.

Jackie playfully teased, "I find it funny how all these boys can wake up before you do, especially since some of them have chores in the morning."

"Jackie, it's too early for this," Juliana chuckled.

Jackie got up, laughing, holding her shower bag. "Well, I'm going to the bathroom," she said, walking to the door.

Juliana swiftly put on her robe and grabbed her shower bag. "Wait for me, let me brush my teeth while you shower."

Jackie nodded at her cousin's idea as she opened the door, Juliana following behind. Juliana noticed Benny playing Jenga as Jackie walked past him. "Morning, Benny," Juliana smiled at him.

Jackie knocked on the bathroom door, causing Cole to react, "I know it's not 7:00 yet!" he shouted. Juliana looked at her cousin confused, and Jackie returned the same look.

Lee opened his bedroom door quickly, beginning to walk to the two cousins who stood in front of the bathroom door. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, what are you doing?"

Jackie raised an eyebrow, "Going to the bathroom?" She questioned Lee like it wasn't obvious she was headed there. "Cole's inside."

Lee now standing in front of the two cousins made it very clear that he was next, "I know Cole's inside. I'm next. See." He pointed to a sign tracking everyone's schedule to use the bathroom.

Juliana's eyes widened, "There's a schedule to use the bathroom?" She looked at the sign in disbelief, "Are y'all that unorganized to need a schedule?"

Danny chuckled at Juliana's response, "Yes and no, but it's only in the mornings, especially when everyone is getting ready for school."

Juliana glanced at Jordan, who persistently shoved his camera in Jackie's face, prompting her to gently push it away each time it approached.

Exiting the bathroom with a towel around his waist, leaving him shirtless, Cole added, "Otherwise, Isaac could be in there for hours, making himself look pretty." His comment resonated loudly enough for Isaac to hear from his bedroom.

"Move," Lee instructed Cole as he entered the bathroom.

"Jordan, quit it with the camera," Juliana demanded, irritated by his persistence.