━ 𝟎𝟎𝟑

PEARLS N JEWELS
"He was pearls, she was jewels."

IN THE BACK OF THE VEHICLE, Juliana found herself sandwiched between Lee and Isaac. Lee's expression hinted at his displeasure with the additional company Juliana had brought along. Isaac mirrored Lee's expression, though his demeanor was slightly more subdued.

"You guys are acting like I made the decision to be back here," Juliana remarked, glancing between the two Mexican boys, who remained stoic.

"Whatever," Lee rolled his eyes, prompting a scoff from Juliana at his reaction.

Isaac sat quietly, gazing out the window. Juliana wondered why Isaac had called her Jules or Jewels—she wasn't sure which one. She wanted to ask but it wasn't the appropriate time.

Her attention drifted to Isaac's side profile, appreciating the way his jawline was accentuated. A peculiar thought crossed her mind.

"Staring problem, Jewels?" he teased. "Or wait, let me guess."

Before Isaac could offer his guess and Juliana could respond, the school's arrival interrupted them. Cole, their designated driver, asserted, "Hey, guys, full car today. Which means, Isaac, no rides for random cheerleaders." He parked the car with precision.

"Okay!" Isaac shouted, attempting to maneuver over the seats, narrowly avoiding Juliana. Meanwhile, Lee pulled a similar stunt, almost colliding with Jackie.

"You almost hit me!" Juliana defensively exclaimed.

Isaac, seemingly oblivious to Juliana's concern, continued, "Don't shut the door, Alex." He successfully navigated over the seat, but Alex closed the door against his wishes. "I said don't shut the door!" Isaac complained.

"Hey, and we leave at 3:30. Okay!" Cole reiterated, ensuring everyone heard. "Hey, Sharp, 3:30 sharp!"

Juliana, summoning courage, skillfully navigated the seats without falling. As she walked out, the school sign, "Silver Falls High School," came into view.

"Nathan, you take Juliana, I'll take Jackie," Danny asserted, receiving a nod from Nathan.

"So, what do you think?" Nathan inquired, now paired with Juliana.

Compared to her previous school, the all girl's school, felt more cramped and bustling since it was situated in the city. "It's different," Juliana admitted with an awkward smile.

Nathan chuckled, and they strolled towards Juliana's first class. "Okay, looking at your schedule, you have Mr. Fitz first."

"Who?"

"The English teacher," Nathan clarified, leading her to the classroom. The space was already abuzz with students. "Okay, so, good luck," Nathan wished her well, and Juliana reciprocated with a small smile.

Upon entering the room, her eyes immediately locked onto Isaac. "Shit," she mumbled to herself. Isaac, too, noticed the curly-headed girl near the door, and their gazes lingered until Juliana found her seat, facing the front.

"Isaac, who's that?" Elijah, his best friend, inquired. Aside from his brother Lee, Elijah held the coveted title of Isaac's favorite friend. "She's—"