Chapter 3

Previously on Hyperdimension Neptunia: To the Boundless Horizon, the goddess Neptune suffered amnesia after a severe head injury, met a weird nurse, and convinced her to help her fight monsters. While the purple haired Gremlin gaslit the innocent Compa into going on an adventure, their other companion DJ had long since left to backtrack to their landing site, in hopes of finding any clues.

Alas he found nothing, and was fiercely reprimanded for leaving his party behind. Now on a thoroughly tighter supervision, namely the gremlin that sat upon his shoulders, the trio makes their way to the dungeons....

_______

Status Page Update, Nurse_Girl_Compa, Date Lost:
So my new friends Nep-Nep, DJ, and I went out to try and beat all the monsters attacking Planeptune. Wish us luck!

_

"Is this the dungeon you found searching DungleMaps? Yeah, it feels like a dungeon with lots of tough monsters

"Is this the dungeon you found searching DungleMaps? Yeah, it feels like a dungeon with lots of tough monsters."

In response to Neptune's statement, Compa vehemently shook her head as if rejecting the notion of such an idea.

"No, no strong monsters here. I searched for 'dungeons with weak monsters. We're not ready for the strong ones yet."

"What? Only weaklings? Then I'll wait where I won't encounter any and you can come get me when you find the boss."

And further illustrating her point, she leaned back on DJ's shoulders who grumbled but adjusted her weight so she wouldn't fall.

"Th-That's not fair! We're a party, so we're basically soul mates. Abandoning your party now goes against the rules of this world. You'll get punished by the goddess!"

"Is having a sack of purple haired bones sway on my back not punishment enough?"

"Well... I'm sorry but we have to make certain that you don't run off again DJ. Like it or not you were hurt, and I can't in good conscious let you run off alone." Compa looked apologetic but resolute as she said this.

Something DJ took notice enough as he just sighed before muttering to himself.

"That so..."

He refrained from mentioning his body was already close to 100% operational again. Instead he just shut his mouth and kept walking. While Neptune focused on something else.

"Goddess? So not only are there monsters, but there's a goddess here, too?"

"You didn't know? Silly amnesia... but forgetting even the goddesses? Oh, you poor thing! Aside from Planeptune, there are three other landmasses: Lastation, Leanbox, and Lowee. Each planet is protected by a goddess, and people go to the Basilicom to worship them and help govern each land. We have no idea where the monsters are coming from. Their power just grows and grows. Everyone thinks it's due to the goddesses' weakening powers. Heated discussions take place every night on the Basilicom's blog!"