Chapter 6

It was the night following the incident with the Sand Worm.

Gold and Lilac eyes met as Neptune's face loomed over DJ's.

"..."

"..."

With a groan, he sat up while grabbing Neptune's waist and sitting her beside him on the bed.

Rubbing his eyes he was almost scrared to inquire,

"Neptune. It's late. What do you want?"

Instead of answering him she just grabbed his arm and began to drag him out of the room.

Ignoring his grumbling as he grabbed his shoes and jacket while being dragged out of Compa's house.

A short walk into the woods later and Neptune finally let his arm go.

Something the redhead was thankful for as he walked a short ways off to lean against a tree.

Meanwhile Neptune took a deep breath.

"And one and two..."

As she began stretching, and warming herself up for some unknown reason.

Then she stopped.

"[Access]"

DJ was speechless as he watched her transform into Purple Heart.

"Can I get context on what the heck is happening?"

Instead of responding, Purple Heart drew her blade before taking a stance.

DJ's eyes went dotted almost immediately.

"If you dragged me out here to fight, then I'm going back to bed."

He turned around and began to walk forward-

Clang!

The sound of metal screeching against metal resounded in the night.

DJ's arms trembled as his two blades struggled to keep Neptune's from reaching his body.

With a grunt, he ripped free from the blade lock before spinning and slamming his boot into the Goddess's gut knocking her sliding back.

"I'd really like to have some context now."

A smirk appeared on the woman's face in response.

"I simply grew curious as to where we stand in terms of strength in comparison."

"Is that really it?"

"Yes."

Silence all around as he tried to process the nonchalance of her statement.

Before shaking his head and walking a short ways off, dismissing the weapons back to bracers.

He began to lightly hop up and down leaning his head side to side as he worked the cricks from it.

"Far be it for me to decline such a request Neptune. However,"

With a final hop he stopped and inhaled, before exhaling in one rapid motion.