Chapter 16 - Haru x Elijah

In the dragon realm:
Haru woke up to the sound of laughing. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at the roof. He sighed and closed his eyes. He slowly made his way to sitting up. He stood up slowly and walked over to his door. He opened the door and smelled bacon. He smiled a little and then wobbled out into the kitchen. Jace was at the dining table watching Reo make breakfast. Royal was hugging him from behind, half asleep. Haru walked in and looked at Reo and Royal.
"I smell bacon." Haru said. Reo smiled.
"Good nose as always." Reo said. Haru smiled.
"Can I get my food to go?" Haru asked.
"Why so?" Reo asked.
"Easy answer. To run into Elijah. Plus I gotta work today." Haru said as he unbuttoned his shirt. Reo turned to Haru.
"We seriously gotta have a talk. You shouldn't just be trying to see him. Don't you wanna hug him, kiss him, fuck him... Y'know know?" Reo exclaimed.
"Nope. We ain't having this talk today." Haru said quickly, turning around and going to his room. Reo sighed and smiled.
"Jace, if you ever have a crush, just tell them your feelings. Don't do what Haru is doing." Reo said.
"Yessir." Jace said. Reo smiled. Haru changed into his clothes he naturally wore and put his satchel on. Then he walked out of his room and too the kitchen. Reo made him a togo box of breakfast and he took it.
"Goodbye dad! Goodbye papa! Bye Jace!" Haru yelled before he left. He ate on the way and before the castle, he threw the box away in the trash. He wiped his face off and ate a mint. Then he stepped into the castle. He was immediately met with Rory, Pluto, and Penny.
"Haru, guess who came into the castle this morning with a bunch of flowers~" Pluto said nicely.
"And he looked very happy!" Rory cheered. Haru heard this and stopped. He looked at Rory and Pluto.
"Was-" Haru started.
"Yes, it was Elijah." Penny said. Haru grew excited and nervous.
"He's gonna confess to someone." Haru questioned.
"Yeah! And it's probably you! The way you two've been acting the past month. Definitely a sign." Rory said.
"Nah, you guys have been so clingy. A sign of affection to make you back off." Dominic said as Pluto, Rory, and Haru walked passed them. Haru stopped and looked at Dominic.
"Well, you are his friend. Is he gonna confess to me?" Haru asked. Dominic grinned.
"He's not gonna give you the truth, Haru. You know that." Pluto said. Pluto's arms were crossed and he was looking at the ground. Ever since that night when Dominic broke in, Dominic and Pluto stopped talking to each other. Not even insults. But Dominic was always showing signs of hatred towards Pluto. Haru frowned and turned away. He started walking. So did Pluto and Rory. They got to the training room. Pluto went in and Rory left. Haru had to go grab a writing tab for Phillip.
"Haru!" Elijah called out. Haru stopped and he turned around. He saw Elijah down the hall. He blushed and watched Elijah run up to him.
"Hey!" Elijah spoke happily. Haru smiled.
"Hi." Haru said nicely. Elijah's smile grew awkward and he looked down nervously.
"Ehm... I have a question—" Elijah said. Haru smiled.
"Alright?" Haru questioned. Elijah opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He started to tremble and he looked up at Haru. He studied Haru's figure and his eyes.. his hair and face. He blushed.
"I... like you." Elijah said. Haru blinked and smiled.
"Is that a question?" Haru questioned. Elijah flinched.
"Ah— wait..." Elijah mumbled.
"I'm just kidding." Haru said nicely. Elijah looked up at Haru. Haru stepped forward and took Elijah's hand.
"I like you too." Haru said. Elijah's eyes widened and he went red. He took both of Haru's hands.
"Then, will you go out with me?!" Elijah asked happily. Haru's eyes widened and he blushed. And then Elijah gasped. He let go and backed up.
"Ah... I'm sorry. I just got so excited when you returned my feelings... I'm glad." Elijah explained himself. Haru smiled and walked up to Elijah. He set his hand on Elijah's neck and kissed his cheek. Elijah went red in excitement. Haru pulled away and put his hand on Elijah's cheek.
"I'd love to go out with you." Haru said softly. Elijah smiled and he was very flustered but happy. He looked down.
"I... uhm— I was gonna confess with flowers but Dominic said that would be to much." Elijah said. Haru frowned.
"Of course he did." Haru said. Elijah looked Haru.
"I would've loved flowers." Haru said. That's when Elijah and Haru turned to the same direction. They saw Dominic getting ready to go into the training room.
"Hey, you dick!" Haru yelled. Dominic stopped and turned to Haru. He saw Elijah and grinned. Haru lifted his middle finger up at Dominic. Dominic immediately frowned and glared at Elijah.
"Go suck on a dick that you like! And we all know who that would be!" Haru screamed out. Dominic immediately left. Haru scoffed and turned to Elijah. Elijah was shocked. Haru smiled.
"Hey, I don't wanna make you late. So I'll see you in there." Haru said. Elijah turned to Haru and smiled.
"Alright." Elijah said. Haru looked down happily. Elijah quickly leaned forward and kissed Haru's cheek.
"See ya." Elijah said before he ran over to the training door. Haru blushed and he smiled. He grabbed Phillip's writing tab and ran to the training room. They commenced training soon afterwards.

    Pluto, Dominic, Elijah, Rayna, Jaqu, Iza, Jenna, Coco, and Benny were all lined up together. And in front of them was Ryke and Piper.
"Since it's been a year, we decided to do a progress check." Ryke said. Pluto frowned. Ryke went to speak.
"I think we are fine." Pluto blurted. Ryke looked at Pluto.
"We are doing this now?" Ryke asked strictly. Pluto trembled and looked down.
"Progress check?" Coco questioned. Ryke and Piper turned to Coco.
"Just as last year, you'll all go up against shadow guards this year. And this'll commend in a month. You all will be grouped up with our current shadow guards. And you all will be up against the first generation of shadow guards. The winner will get to become a member of the court of shadow guards. Basically becoming a boss." Ryke explained. Dominic did the math.
"Wait... there are only 13 people of the first gen shadow guards while we would have a group of 14." Dominic said.
"Oh god, you don't know how to read do you." Pluto said quickly, turning to Dominic.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Dominic questioned. Ryke groaned in disappointment.
"It means, that if you were to read the bulletin ever, you'd know that there are actually 14 original shadow guards. One is just away on duty for the archduke." Pluto explained. Ryke sighed.
"Now that you have your answer, you all shall have the next months of training to prepare for your fights. And this'll all start tomorrow, training with the current shadow guards." Piper explained. Dominic grinned.
"Dismissed." Ryke said before he left with Piper. Phillip rushed after them. Nalina and Haru stayed. They stared at the next gen. They hadn't moved at all. They were just standing there. The first to move was Pluto. He just left quickly. But the rest of them started to get ready to start their preparations now. Iza ran to Nalina. Elijah wanted to do something but instead he turned to Haru. Haru was sitting and being patient. Elijah smiled and he went on to do something to help him gain a chance of winning. Haru stood up and walked over to him. He was near Dominic.
"Do you think you'll win?" Haru asked.
"Not at all." Elijah teased. Haru smiled and sat down as he watched Elijah workout.
"Why's that?" Haru asked.
"Because Pluto is the best. I've seen him fight. He's been able to take down Jackson, Mateo, Luna, Karon, Henry, Jax, Atlas... he is the one with the best chance of winning. Though that would be scary if he were a boss." Elijah explained. Dominic flinched and he sat up slowly. He looked at Haru. Haru shrugged.
"He's capable but we know him enough that he won't win." Haru said. Dominic groaned.
"What is this conversation? Pluto's gonna win. Pluto's not gonna win. Maybe it'll be neither." Dominic said strictly. Haru turned to Dominic.
"I didn't say he is not gonna win. I said he won't win." Haru said.
"What does that mean?" Dominic asked.
"None of your business." Haru said. Elijah smiled. Dominic shook his head in disappointment. He stood up and left too. Haru looked at Elijah.
"So... I was wondering if you would wanna go on a date tomorrow night? I'm busy tonight so..." Haru said nicely. Elijah smiled.
"Alright. I'd like that a lot." Elijah said. Haru smiled and he looked down happily.