Chapter 24 - Wolfe x Niko (Part 1)

Wolfe gasped as he woke up from a nightmare. He looked around his room. It was nice and tidy. But Evelyn, Dillon, Pluto, Dominic, and Jordan were there asleep everywhere. Berry, Natasha, Damien, Neyou, Haru, and Elijah were also there. But this wasn't a bad thing. It was because Wolfe got a raise and was able to pay for food and drinks. So he had a party with his friends. Jordan had the couch with Berry. On the edge of the couch was Pluto. Beside the couch was Dillon, Natasha, and Evelyn. Dominic was sitting on the ground in front of Pluto with his head on Pluto's lap. Neyou, Damien were beside the bed on a bunch of blankets. Haru and Elijah were asleep next to Wolfe. Wolfe sighed in relief that it was a nightmare. He rubbed his eyes and then he stood up. He mazed his way out of the room. He saw Jaden and Lionel making breakfast. Peter and Jadah were at the bar talking and waiting. Wolfe walked up to the the bar and grabbed an apple.
"Morning." Peter said. Wolfe looked at Peter.
"Morning." Wolfe said.
"So, you got a raise? Congrats darling." Lionel cheered. Wolfe blinked a couple times.
"Yeah... I was thinking about saving money to get my own bar." Wolfe said nervously.
"That's great!" Jaden said nicely. Wolfe nodded and then he grabbed a pan. He went back to his room. He quickly slammed the pan into the wall. Everyone woke up in shock.
"Morning!" Wolfe cheered. His attitude changed immediately. He was more introverted with his fathers and extroverted when he's with friends.
"Ugh! Little fucker." Berry complained and he laid back down on Jordan's chest.
"Just wanted to wake some of y'all up. I know Dominic and Elijah have some training to get too. And Haru is supposed to be with them. Berry is supposed to check into the castle. Damien has work, so does Pluto, Evelyn, Neyou, and Jordan. And Dillon and Natasha have strict parents." Wolfe explained happily. Dominic and Elijah sat up quickly.
"WHAT TIME IS IT?!" Neyou cried. Wolfe picked up a watch from his desk.
"Late." Wolfe teased.
"SHIT!" A lot of them screamed. They got their things and skedaddled. Jadah got up, kissed Peter's cheek, and left with Evelyn, Neyou, and Jordan whom all worked at the same place. Wolfe walked out and sat down beside Peter. Peter chuckled.
"So many friends for such a shy boy." Jaden said as he set two plates in front of Peter and Wolfe. Wolfe looked at Jaden. Peter looked at Jaden.
"Nah, dad. Wolfe is not shy at all." Peter said as he shook Wolfe's messy black hair. Wolfe shoved Peter away. Jaden smiled. Lionel set a fork on each plate.
"Anyways, Peter, you aren't working. Only Jadah. Shouldn't you be working on getting a home together? You are almost 20." Lionel explained. Peter shrugged.
"We haven't really talked about that step yet. I mean yeah, we expect to move in together soon. All lovers do..." Peter said. Lionel and Peter continued to talk about lovers stuff. Wolfe turned away and began to eat. Jaden looked at Wolfe curiously.
"How about you, Wolfe? Have a love interest?" Jaden asked. Peter and Lionel stopped and looked at Wolfe. Wolfe was about to take a bite of his food but he froze. He glanced at Lionel and then he sat his fork down.
"I.. uhm-" Wolfe went quiet. Then he pushed the plate away.
"Ima go to work early." Wolfe said before he left to change. He put on the type of clothes he normally wore. Black. He had baggy pants, hoodie, tennis shoes, and a black hat he always wore to cover the top of his head. The top of his head was fringed. When he was young, he was abused as a baby. And he was supposed to die but he survived. Of course he ended up with short fringed hair. He always either wore his hat or pulled his hair back in a ponytail. His hair was barely shoulder length though so more often he wore his hat. He also wore black chains on his neck and rings on his fingers.
"You aren't coming home drunk tonight, correct? You are loud as fuck." Peter assumed as Wolfe walked towards the front door.
"No, I'm not." Wolfe said as he put his gloves on and his hood over his hat.
"Bye." Wolfe said.
"Bye!" Lionel and Jaden yelled.
"Cya later." Peter said. And then Wolfe left. He went out the door and it was snowing. He grabbed a sled. Luckily, from where they lived, it was basically downhill all the way to the kingdom. So Wolfe stepped on the sled and rode it down while standing. He did that so often that he was very casual as he slid down. He lifted his hood up a bit to cover his mouth and nose. As he got closer, he stepped on the back end of the sled to slow down. Perfectly, he slowed down right before the kingdom. He pulled the sled with him till the bar. He set the sled on the side and instead of going in, he went to the markets. That day was new imports day. So new things were gonna be there. He walked around looking at everything.
   A man... he was looking around the markets as well. But unfortunately, he was a thief. Wolfe walked up to the market and saw something that interested him. He pulled his hood off and looked at the item. The man glanced up at Wolfe. He saw the gloves on Wolfe's hands. Inside the gloves were the rings. He grinned and he went to see Wolfe. But instead, another man stepped in front of him.
"Nah, not that one." The second man said. The second man was older. 19 or 20. He had the identity of someone. You wouldn't think was a thief. Instead, he looked like a man with a last name known to society. He was both. His name is Niko. He has light brown and turquoise hair. He was a dragon. His skin was a perfect white and his eyes were also turquoise. And he was dressed normally. Not poor or fancy. The other man looked at Niko.
"The fuck not? He's dressed as the privileged class and he—" The man started to rant.
"Shut up." Niko said strictly. The man groaned and looked around for another victim. Niko glanced back to Wolfe. He couldn't see his face very well because of the hair and his think hood. But he saw the rings. He squinted at them. Then he glanced up at Wolfe. He was curious. Wolfe was staring at a necklace he liked. He leaned forward making one of his chain necklaces noticeable to Niko. Niko grinned and then grabbed the other man's shoulder.
"Lix, I change my mind. He might be worth it." Niko whispered. The man, Lix looked at Niko and he grinned.
"Gotcha." Lix said before he made his way up to Wolfe.
"Sir!" Lix called out. Wolfe never had been called sir so he didn't look up. Lix walked up to Wolfe.
"Excuse me?" Lix said. Wolfe glanced at Lix. He stood straight and turned to Lix.
"Yes?" Wolfe answered. Lix looked at Wolfe's face. He slowly frowned.
"I— Uhm... ok, nevermind." Lix said nervously, getting ready to turn away. Wolfe sighed.
"What is it? You already waisted my time." Wolfe said. Lix flinched.
"Sorry— you looked a little wealthy... and I... I wanted to ask if you could buy me food." Lix said, lying his way into Wolfe's head. Wolfe smiled nicely.
"Of course. I'd love to help." Wolfe said as he took his gloves off. Lix and Niko flinched as they watched Wolfe just take his gloves off. It reviewed his rings. Diamonds. Lix grinned.
"Thank you so m-" Lix started to say excitedly but then he went quiet when he saw Wolfe hood up his middle finger. Lix slowly frowned. Wolfe then showed Niko the middle finger. Lix gasped. Wolfe walked up to Lix and pat his shoulder.
"Dearest little thieves, where do you think I got my jewelry?" Wolfe teased, glancing over at Niko. Niko flinched.
"I— we didn't know." Lix said nervously.
"I didn't either." Wolfe laughed before he walked over to the market owner. He handed money to him then took the necklace he was looking at. By the time he came back, Niko had walked over to Lix. Lix was in shock. Wolfe put the necklace on as he walked up to the two young men.
"Good day." Wolfe said and he put his gloves back on in front of them.
"Sorry. Most of us aren't actually privileged like pieces of shit like you. We gotta do this kind of-" Niko started to complain.
"Niko!— he's a thief too-" Lix said quickly, enlightened Niko of the situation. Niko flinched. Wolfe grinned.
"Thief or not, I'm the one who's from here. I have connections. I can have you two killed right here right now." Wolfe laughed. Niko and Lix froze in fear.
"What-" Niko mumbled. Wolfe couldn't hold a straight face anymore. He started laughing.
"Oh god! You are amateurs!" Wolfe laughed. Niko and Lix froze.
"You fucking bluffer!" Lix complained. Wolfe laughed some more and then he just walked away.
"Hey!" Niko yelled. Wolfe stopped and turned to Niko.
"We'll report you!" Niko yelled. Wolfe squinted at Niko. He walked up to him.
"Who do you think you two are, hm? Because obviously this is new territory for you both and you are making crazy decisions when you don't even know who I am." Wolfe said strictly.
"Is this your territory?" Niko asked, shoving Wolfe.
"Nope. It's theirs." Wolfe said, spinning his finger around. Niko and Lix gasped and they turned around quickly. No one was there. Niko's eyes widened and he turned back around. No Wolfe.
"FUCK!" Niko said worriedly. Lix took Niko's arm.
"That is scary. Maybe we should go. He might be a boss or something." Lix said nervously.
"We aren't leaving. He's a bluffer, obviously. He might just be a nobody trying to scare us. We can make good profit here. Maybe even get into the castle." Niko said calmly. Lix frowned but nodded.
"Where are we gonna stay in the mean time?" Lix asked.
"Let's just ask the locals." Niko said. Lix looked around.
"No. We get you a suit and me some nicer clothes. We can be allowed service in the hotels." Lix cheered. Niko looked at Lix.
"Sure. Let's go. If we dress as first class, we might be able to get into the castle as guests." Niko said. They went to the markets and found suits. They stole them and left. They changed into the first class items and then made their way to a hotel. They got to the hotel and saw Neyou and Arlo. Arlo was talking to the owner about letting them advertise events, on behalf of the queens. Niko and Lix walked up to them.
"Excuse me? Can one of you help us?" Niko asked. Arlo took one look at Niko and then turned away.
"Thieves." Arlo said as he snapped his fingers. Out of nowhere, Niko and Lix were tied up. They both froze. Neyou looked at Niko and Lix.
"Who are you two? I've never seen you around." Neyou questioned. They didn't answer.
"They are from the south coast. Must've moved upstream to higher grounds of money." Arlo said.
"More tricky people to deal with though." Shawn said as he and Lidia walked up to Arlo. Arlo looked at Lidia.
"Where's your mothers?" Arlo asked.
"Mother is coming with the queen and the prince right now. They wanted to talk to Mr Roycher here." Lidia said as she looked at the hotel owner.
"Ah, that's a fine request young lady." The man said. Niko and Lix heard "queen" and they both started to panic. Arlo looked at the two of them.
"You two are pretty young. Don't you know we have programs for younglings like you?" Arlo questioned. Shawn tapped Lix's head.
"This boy isn't any older than me." Shawn said.
"Are you both minors?" Neyou asked.
"We aren't answering you guys." Niko said strictly.
"This one's only 16. He's 19." Arlo pointed out. Niko trembled.
"Witch." Niko said.
"Precisely. Arlo, can you go meet with Jaden and Lionel? Queen Megan wants to see them." Gem requested. Niko and Lix looked at Gem and then they saw Avery, River, and Rory. They froze. Avery looked at them.
"What are these things?" River asked.
"River, be kind. They seem new." Avery said. Arlo and Neyou left. Shawn went with them. Lidia looked at Gem. Gem looked at Niko and Lix.
"Nice to meet you both, Niko. Lix." Gem said. Niko's heart was racing. Gem snapped her fingers and both were released.
"Why-" Avery started.
"Thieves." Gem said. Avery frowned.
"But they are children." Avery said worriedly.
"They are from the south coast. They haven't gotten the greatest social outlet there." Gem said. Avery frowned and turned to the two. Gem looked into their past.
"They've met Wolfe. Seems they've got a good introduction to the kingdom. Foul boy." Gem said.
"We haven't met anyone!" Lix said strictly.
"Hm? A 18 year old boy. Messy black hair, black clothing, black gloves." River wrote off. Niko glared at them.
"His name was Wolfe? Is this is territory or something?!" Niko complained. Avery looked at them oddly.
"Alright— back to our business." Avery said awkwardly. They ignored Niko and Lix. They found their chance to leave.
"The royal family knows that boy we met. Maybe he is some sort of wanted man." Lix said.
"His connections." Niko muttered.
"Where too now? We can't sleep outside. It's freezing." Lix complained.
"They probably have hallrooms elsewhere." Niko said.
"So... the boy... his names Wolfe. That's kind of a strange name. Would make sense if he was some sort of mobster or something." Lix explained. Niko smiled.
"But, we might be able to use him. We just gotta find him again." Niko said.
"That'll be easy. If the royals know who he is then others will too." Lix said. Niko grinned.