Chapter 43 - Penny x Sonja

Six months later... Penny walked down the halls, avoiding anyone she could Ike always. It was a special day for her. She had just turned 18. She walked towards her room. She went to open it but then Zhenya slid in front of her door. Penny flinched.
"No." Penny mumbled.
"Penny... my lil sister~" Zhenya teased.
"Fuck off!" Penny said strictly as she went to walk forward. Zhenya snickered and quickly hugged Penny. Penny groaned and slumped back.
"KILL ME!" Penny screamed.
"Happy birthday!" Zhenya cheered.
"Die!" Penny yelled. Zhenya laughed and he took Penny's hand.
"Hey, dad and papa got a surprise for you." Zhenya said.
"Oh, of course they did. What is it, a necklace? Jewels? Knives? Boots?" Penny asked arrogantly. Zhenya chuckled and took Penny's hand. He spun her around and pulled her towards the stairs.
"You are gonna like it." Zhenya said. Penny flinched and the way her brother said that made her curious.

We know already but we will say it again. Penny is now 18. She has dark magenta colored hair and most of the time, her hair was flipped back to one side of her head. She has white brown skin and her eyes are a mix of dark and light magenta. She was mischievous and she hated anyone who merely looked at her. He family was the only exception even though it wasn't much of an exception. She always had a glare, a scowl, or an evil look on her face. She hated dresses so she didn't wear them. At that moment, she was wearing a dark grey tanktop with a pitch black vest over top. And she had grey blue baggy jean pants with a blank belt. She had a sheath on the side of her belt that carried a knife. And she had a black neck tight choker on her neck. Her hair was long and normally put up in a ponytail like right now. That's how she normally dressed, similar to what she was wearing now. Overall, she is very pretty and well taken over her complexion. She just hates being a royal even though she can get away with shit. She was adopted at 3 and like normal children at 3, she should've forgotten who her old parents were. But she still had those memories. They were thieves. Thieves that stole everything they touched and everything they wanted was theirs. Now they are in prison for the rest of their lives for robbery on the royal crowns. In the midst of that, Penny was basically left to take the blame when the guards tracked down where Penny's parents left their loot. Penny was of the loot. Everything g was taken back, including the crowns and Penny. And Penny was blamed for the robbery for awhile, unless she gave a description of her parents who really are to blame. She didn't for awhile because she believed her parents would come back but in the end, she did give them up. She was gonna be taken to a foster care but instead, River wanted to adopt her. And that's basically Penny's story. Now she's a troublemaker who takes after her parents basically. But she sees River and Jose as her parents now, no one else.

Zhenya took Penny down the stairs to the dining room where River and Jose were at. It was the time before breakfast so River and Jose were talking while they waited.
"I found her." Zhenya cheered. Jose and River stood up quickly and turned to the stairs. Penny saw this and slowly walked down the stairs.
"What's this?" Penny questioned. Zhenya smiled and he was excited. Penny glared at Zhenya.
"Happy Birthday, Penny." Jose said nicely.
"What do you guys want?" Penny asked strictly. Jose crossed his arms and chuckled. River looked at his daughter nervously. He walked up to her.
"Penny, we got you the meeting." River said. Penny flinched and she looked at River.
"You said that was impossible." Penny said. River and Jose stared at Penny.
"It almost was." Jose said. Penny turned to the ground.
"Was that my gift?" Penny asked.
"Of course not. Your gift is something you will like much more." River said nicely. Penny looked at River then Jose.
"What is it?" Penny asked. Zhenya smiled. River looked at Jose. Jose smiled nervously.
"You know that katana you liked so much?" Jose asked. River smiled as he watched Penny's face light up. He glanced to Jose. Jose looked worried.
"I'm gonna give it to you." Jose said. Penny smiled. River and Jose didn't get to see Penny's smile very often but when she did, she looked happy. Jose smiled a little.
"But you gotta let me tell you a story about it, ok?" Jose suggested. Penny nodded. River smiled and kissed Jose's cheek.
"Happy birthday, Penny." River said before he left with Zhenya. Jose sat down at the table and Penny sat across from him. The katana was in a sheath on the table between them.
"It's not my katana, Penny." Jose said. Penny blinked and she looked at the katana.
"It's my best friends katana. Her name was Jewel. She died for this kingdom a long while ago." Jose added. Penny looked down.
"How old was she?" Penny asked.
"21. She was supposed to marry Piper that year." Jose answered. Penny flinched and she looked at Jose quickly.
"I can't take this then. Piper would kill you. She'd kill me!" Penny said worriedly. Jose frowned.
"And let it sit in my room to collect dust? She would've wanted you to have it." Jose said.
"She would?" Penny asked. Jose chuckled.
"No absolutely not. She hated everyone, even Piper at times. But I don't want it to sit and rot till it's forgotten. I want it to be used. And you are perfect for that. You and her are very alike." Jose explained as he pushed the katana to Penny. Penny smiled.
"Megan could give you some training on how to use it when she's not busy." Jose added. Penny nodded and went to pick it up but she froze when she saw Piper in the dining room doorway. Piper looked furious. Penny pulled away and she frowned. Jose frowned and turned around. He stood up quickly, making the chair fall.
"You..." Piper started.
"Piper, it's her 18th birthday and she's always loved Jewel's katana. And it's my property now. I can gift it to my child." Jose explained himself quickly. Piper walked up to Jose and grabbed his neck. Jose's eyes widened and he automatically felt at loss of breath. Penny stood up slowly and picked up the katana. Then she just walked up the stairs. Jose started to panic.
"You can't just do that!" Piper yelled in anger. Penny walked up the stairs and passed River and Zhenya. They saw Penny and smiled.
"Are you happy?" River asked.
"Of course. I just got a sharp weapon. But Piper ain't. She's down there killing papa." Penny said before she walked to her room. River and Zhenya's smiles immediately turned to frowns. River rushed downstairs. Zhenya went up. River rushed to Jose and pushed Piper away. Then he quickly looked at Jose whom was now coughing on the ground. Piper glared at Jose. Then Zhenya, Avery, and Royal rushed down the stairs. Megan walked, following them. Avery got down and looked at Jose. Royal went in front of Piper.
"The hell?!" Royal yelled in anger. Zhenya had rushed off to get Clover, Phillip, or Evelyn for help.
"He gave Jewel's katana to Penny!" Piper screamed. Megan looked at Piper then down at Jose.
"So you choke Jose?" Megan asked.
"He tried to explain himself! When obviously it's a horrible thing! You can't just give away her katana!" Piper screamed, looking at Jose. Jose frowned and he held his neck in pain. Her screams were loud and Penny could hear them.
"Oh yes he can." Penny snickered as she set the katana on her dresser which had an empty katana stand sitting there. She grinned as she stared at it. She stretched in happiness as she turned to the window. She quickly kicked her bedroom door and rushed to her window. She just jumped out, barely catching a brick that stuck out just enough. Then she quickly climbed down the side of the castle. She rushed across the drawbridge and to the cafe meetup where her friends were, always. This meant Evelyn, Jordan, Berry, Jadah, Damien, Haru, Peter, Wolfe, Niko, Lix, Cyper, Natasha, Dillon, Teddy, Neyou, Elijah, Pluto, and Dominic. She rushed up to the table and sat down.
"I got the katana." Penny cheered. She had sat down beside Teddy and Peter but when she said that, Peter, Teddy, and a few more of them moved away from her.
"Not on me." Penny said as she rolled her eyes.
"You are scary." Elijah said as he set some super in his tea.
"You are scary. How come you are only boyfriends?" Penny asked. Everyone at the table looked at Penny.
"They are getting married soon." Evelyn said.
"Mhm. In the fall." Haru said. Penny stared at Haru and then she looked at everyone at the table.
"Besides— you are literally the only single person at this table." Neyou said nicely. Penny blinked a couple times as she looked at everyone at the table. All of them sitting with the ones they loved. Penny scoffed.
"Oh shush, you mean lot! Happy birthday Penny." Teddy said. Penny nodded.
"I got the katana for my birthday. And I get to meet my biological parents." Penny explained. The large table began to converse.
"Your biological parents?" Natasha questioned as she moved seats with Peter.
"Aren't they in prison for stealing the royal crowns?" Wolfe asked.
"Mhm. Not much to talk about. Just wanted to show them that I've been perfect without them." Penny said.
"Depressing." Cyper said as he took a sip of a drink he was sharing with Lix. Penny rolled her eyes. They all started talking about different subjects for awhile. At noon, basically all of them had to leave. Cyper, Lix, Niko, and Wolfe had work elsewhere like always. Pluto did too and Dominic was gonna walk him there. Damien didn't have work, nor did Neyou so they stayed, along with Haru, Elijah, and Jadah. Peter had a job interview so he split. Dillon was gonna go with Jordan and Teddy. Natasha had work. Berry just went with Jordan. Evelyn also ended up having work. So it was only Penny, Damien, Neyou, Haru, Elijah, and Jadah left. Jadah took a drink of his tea.
"Do you want to do anything for your birthday, Penny?" Jadah asked.
"Not really. I could go for some sleep. My fathers gave me the day off of classes for my birthday." Penny explained.
"That's nice of them. Glad it's so." Haru said.
"Mhm." Penny said.
"How about drinks? Wolfe will give you some on the house." Damien said.
"No." Penny said. Damien shrugged.
"Then why not go spend some money?" Elijah asked as he pulled out his wallet.
"Birthday money." Neyou cheered.
"No." Penny said. The table was quiet.
"Then— go sleep?" Jadah questioned.
"Nah, I'm hungry." Penny said as she stood up. She looked at her five friends still around.
"Birthday money." Penny said. Jadah, Haru, Elijah, Neyou, and Damien all groaned as they pulled out their money.
   Penny walked down the street to a seafood cafe where she went inside to get food. When she went inside, she saw a lot of tables taken up. She slowly walked until she'd find an open table. She went to sit down but she stopped when she heard arguing. She looked over at a table which had two people, a man and a woman, sitting down at. And there were two waiters all scared, worried and nervous because the man sitting was screaming at them unreasonably. Penny slowly sat down and waited for food.
"I CAN HAVE YOUR JOB, YOU MEANINGLESS FLAKE OF DUST!" The man screamed in anger as he tossed food in their faces. Both waiters started to cry, literally. The man was obviously first class. He was a little order but on the young side. And he was a rock dragon. He had nice clothes on and his hair was slicked back. Like a business man, as for the obvious first class part. But in front of him, sitting across from him, was a woman who was not first class. She was young; you could tell by her skin and complexion. She was pretty. Light yellow hair mixed with black strips mixed in evenly. She wore common clothes, to show she was not first class. Her eyes were black with yellow skull pupils, her skin was a darker white, and her hair was shoulder length. Half her hair was pulled up in a bun and the rest stayed on her neck. And she had a locket on her neck. She was wearing black black leggings with ankle high lights blue boots. She wore a knee high, light blue dress which was flattened and silk so it didn't fluff out but just sat there. And over top of her dress was a black jacket which kept her warm. And you could tell she had a knife on her because you could see the sheath on the side of her leg with a wrap around her leggings to hold it there. The man was named Riyz whom is 36 and the woman was named Sonja whom is 20. And Riyz was telling g because he believed the food was bad. The woman just stared down at her food, obviously itching to each it. 
   Penny continually waited till she lost her patience. She stood up and just walked into the kitchen.
"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" Riyz screamed out and then there was screaming and loud crashes in the kitchen. Everyone in the dining area turned to the kitchen doors quickly.
"What was that?" One waiter questioned the other. And then two waitresses rushed out of the kitchen and quickly fixed up the table that Penny was sitting at. They put food down and a drink and waited. They looked at the two waiters and ushered them to them. And they did just that. Riyz grew angered. He was supposed to be the feared one. Sonja looked at Riyz then to the door. That's when Penny kicked the door open and she held her knife in her hand. Riyz and Sonja immediately thought the place was being robbed until Penny put her knife away and walked up to the waitresses and waiters.
"When a customer sits, I expect the service to be right on top of that." Penny complained strictly as she sat down. The waitresses and waiters started to cry now. They bowed.
"Can we get you anything else?" One waitress questioned.
"We have desserts." One waiter said.
"No, just go away." Penny muttered. The waitresses and waiters immediately ran to the back of the kitchen quickly, crying their eyes out. Penny sat there but she didn't eat.
"Who the fuck is that? And why is she in our part of the kingdom?" Riyz asked strictly. Sonja went to answer but then Riyz stood up.
"I'll show that little shit who owns this part of the kingdom." Riyz said smuggly. He rushed up to the table.
"You bitch. Do you know who I am?! You can't order my servants around like that. I own this side of the kingdom. So get the fuck out of here!" Riyz started to complain and moan and yell. Penny glanced up at Riyz and she stood up. She looked at Riyz and grinned.
"Why... I just ordered this for you. You've been complaining about your peasantry food for the last hour I'm sure so go ahead and eat. I'll take your food." Penny explained with a fake voice as she took Riyz's arms and sat him down where she was sitting originally. Riyz was very confused. Penny forced a fork and knife in each of Riyz's hand and she slammed her hand on the table.
"Eat up." Penny said strictly. Riyz flinched. Penny then turned away and walked over to the table Sonja was at. She sat down in the spot Riyz was in originally and she grabbed a clean fork. She began to eat the food Riyz was complaining about. Sonja looked at Penny. Penny glanced up at Sonja.
"You gonna eat?" Penny asked strictly. Sonja glanced over at Riyz who was nervously eating now. Sonja slowly grabbed a fork.
"So who's your boss? He's a dick." Penny asked. Sonja looked at Penny.
"He's a first class prick of a business man." Sonja said. Luckily Riyz couldn't hear.
"Oh, you do talk. You could've told your prickly boss who I was before he ran his mouth." Penny said strictly. Sonja rolled her eyes.
"He doesn't care if you are a royal, Princess. He's entitled and believes he's more respectful than any royals." Sonja said. Penny chuckled and she leaned over.
"What's your name?" Penny asked. Sonja crossed her arms and looked away.
"Unfair." Penny said before she began to eat again. Sonja wasn't allowed to talk to royals. But if Penny found out who she was, she wouldn't have to worry because she wouldn't wanna talk to her. Or that's what Sonja thinks. Penny finished eating and then tossed money basically to Sonja.
"Since your big boy over there ain't gonna pay for shit, you pay it." Penny said as she stood up. She walked over to the cashier and payed for the food she got for Riyz. Then she left. Sonja watched Penny leave then she looked at Riyz. Riyz was enjoying his food. It calmed Sonja to know he wouldn't be in a bad mood.