Chapter 31-40

Chapter 31 Knitting sweaters and chatting with neighbors

  After dinner, they took a nap at Zhao's house, and then rode back to Xie's house in the afternoon. Under the big tree in the family yard, a group of uncles and aunts were sitting, chatting while they had nothing to do.

  "Brother Xuan, the family courtyard is quite lively." Zhao Shuyao suddenly found fun.

  "Well, the elders play chess after retirement, and the aunts just chat when they have nothing to do." Xie Nanxuan said with a smile.

  "Their life in their later years is very good, and they have a lot of monthly pension. They have worked hard for it, and they must have a lot of hidden wounds." Zhao Shuyao became more and more emotional as he talked.

  "That's right, they all crawled out from the pile of dead people." After Xie Nanxuan finished speaking, he took his wife home first. The outdoor temperature was too high and too sunny.

  In the afternoon of the next day, Zhao Shuyao took a small bench and cashmere thread to knit sweaters and penetrated into these people.

  "Yao Yao, why are you here?" This is Grandma Yang, Xie's neighbor.

  "Hello, Grandma Yang. I was too bored staying at home, so I wanted to find a place to sit for a while. I found that there were quite a lot of people here, so I ran over to join in the fun." Zhao Shuyao answered the question obediently.

  "Hey, this little daughter-in-law is so good-looking. She must be the daughter-in-law of the second son of the Xie family." An old man said with a smile.

  "Hello, grandparents, and aunts!" Zhao Shuyao greeted politely.

  "Okay, okay, this girl is very polite once you see her."

  "Yes, the second son of the Xie family has good taste."

  "I heard that your father is a factory manager, so the conditions at home must be good."

  "This little face is so tender that she can pinch water, and she has a good figure and can give birth to a son."

  Everyone was talking non-stop. Zhao Shuyao sat down without any embarrassment and took out her needle and thread to knit a sweater. No one would talk to her at first, so sometimes it was good to be a listener.

  "Have you heard that the grandson of the Tang family is coming back for a blind date?"

  "I heard that you are really anxious at the age of twenty-eight."

  "Children from other families know how to make soy sauce. The Tang family has been looking for many girls for a long time."

  "Tang Yin is now the leader and will continue to rise in the future."

  "I heard that he has very high standards and ordinary girls can't look down on him."

  "If there was someone like Yaoyao, Tang Yin would probably be able to blossom as well."

  "Yao Yao, why didn't you marry a soldier?" someone asked curiously.

  "I don't want to be a military wife, ordinary people are fine." As soon as Zhao Shuyao finished speaking, many people nodded.

  "It's really not easy to be a military wife, and it's good to have a man by your side." Many people feel the same way.

  Zhao Shuyao thought the same way. Soldiers were indeed in great shape, but it was not easy to be a military wife. After finally joining the army, she still had to worry about dying on a mission.