Chapter 4

March 23rd 2020
8 months

Mila was peacefully lay on the couch reading her book when Suddenly she felt something wet and a sudden shot of pain. "Quinn!" she yelled, her voice reaching the shower where Quinn was. He bolted out, water still dripping, and panic mirrored in his eyes. "My water just broke" Mila said with worry in her voice.

"Oh, okay, breathe, Mila," Quinn said rushing to her side. He grabbed towels and started helping her up. "We've got this. Let's get to the hospital."

In a whirlwind of chaos, Quinn got dressed and grabbed the half  packed hospital bag. The drive to the hospital was an anxious drive. With Mila trying to keep calm and not freak out with Quinn, glancing at her every few seconds, couldn't hide his worry.

Arriving at the hospital, they were ushered into a delivery room. Mila, now in a hospital gown, gripped Quinn's hand as contractions intensified. "I'm so scared," she admitted, her voice shaky.

Quinn squeezed her hand reassuringly. "We're in this together, Mila. You're doing great."

As the medical team prepared for the delivery, Mila's eyes locked with Quinn's. "I love you," she said, her voice filled with both love and trepidation.

"I love you too," Quinn replied, his eyes unwavering from hers. "We're about to meet our babies."

The labor progressed, and Mila was in the middle of pushing. "I can't do this," she cried, beads of sweat forming on her forehead. Quinn, determined to be her rock, spoke softly, "Yes, you can, Mila. Just a little more, and we'll see our baby."

A nurse joined them, offering encouragement and guidance. "You're doing amazing," she assured Mila. "One more push, and we'll have the first one out."

Exhausted but determined, Mila pushed through the final moments. The room filled with the cries of their firstborn, A baby boy. Quinn, with tears in his eyes, whispered words of awe to Mila.

"You did it, Mila. Our son is here," he said, his voice choked with emotion.

Mila, catching her breath, managed a smile. After a brief pause, Mila prepared for the next round of pushing. "Q, stay close, okay?" she requested.

"Right here, love," Quinn replied, taking his position by her side.

As the second twin, a precious baby girl, made her entrance, the room filled with an overwhelming sense of joy. Mila, tears streaming down her face, looked at Quinn. "Their so small."

After a brief rest, Mila and Quinn were ready to give names to their little twins. "How about Charlie, after my grandad Charles," Mila suggested with a smile.

Quinn nodded, "I love it. Our little girl, how about Lacy?"

"Like the rabbit with the pink ribbons you brought for me?" Mila said with tears in her eyes (again). As Quinn nodded.

Mila's eyes lit up. "Perfect! Charlie and Lacy it is."

As the new parents looked loving at their little ones, Mila suddenly remembered something. "We haven't told our families any of this. They don't even know my water broke."

They quickly grabbed their phones and opened the group chat they shared with both families.

Huggy 🐻

Surprise!

Surprise!

Mila 🤰
Meet Charlie and Lacy ❤️

Mama Hughes 🥰
Oh my goodness, they're adorable! Congratulations! 🎉

Papa Cooper 🥸
That is a surprise 😅

Mama Cooper 🥰
They're perfect 🤩

Papa Hughes 🤓
didn't see that coming Congrats you two 🥳

Sammie 🦧
Their early they are like you Mila 🙄
Their cute though

Mila 🤰
I'm to tried to fight with you sam

Jizzy 🤡
Why are they red

Sammie 🦧
Yeah why

Lukie ☺️
They are pretty cute 🙂

Mila 🤰
Thank you luke at least your nice 🙄
Oh wait mom can you tell Lottie please 🥲

Huggy 🐻
Their red because they were just born??

~~~~~ Lottie ~~~~~
Short chapter because idk what having a baby was like and let's ig or covid restrictions