Chapter 18

Mila awoke to sounds coming from the kitchen she wasn't use to the apartment being this loud on the morning.

Well not since Quinn had left...

As she walked out into the open space she saw him standing in the kitchen with the twins standing at his side.

Well Charlie was staring clinging onto Quinn's pant leg while Lacy's whole body was cling to Quinn's leg.

Mila's heart aches seeing the twins literally clinging on to their father like he would leave again.

Mila eventually broke from her trance walking feather into the kitchen.

"You stayed?" Mila asked it coming out harsher than she thought it would. Quinn slightly turned around finding it hard with two tiny humans clinging to him.

"Uh yeah in the spear room" he answered Mila didn't know how to feel about Quinn staying.

On one hand she was happy? She wasn't even sure if she felt happy about this.

But on the other hand apart of her wanted to yell at him for not saying anything or tell her.

"I thought you would have left" Mila said crossing her arms. "I well um thought I would stay" Quinn nervously answered.

"Well maybe next time tell me or something so it's not a surprise in the morning" now Mila's voice has a sharp tone present.

"Mila" Quinn said with a warning tone. "No Quinn I know this is your apartment to but I would have at least liked to know you he stayed" mila said her voice was back to being quit but with each word she felt like crying.

"Daddy?" Lacy asked her quite voice making both adults look done to her.

"Yeah bean?" Quinn asked. "Mommy's going to cry" she tried to whisper to her dad.

The twins can't whisper. So not only did Quinn hear his 3 year old tell him Mila was going to cry so did Mila herself.

Quinn didn't quite know how to respond to this. The fact Lacy could tell her mom was going to cry probably wasn't a good sign.

Mila's eyes filed with tears as she tried to maintain her emotions in front of the kids.

"It's okay, beans" Mila said crouch down to their leave while forcing a smile. "Mommy's not going to cry. Sometimes grown-ups just have little talks that's all."

Charlie looked up at Mila, with the same brown eyes as Quinn. That didn't help Mila' s aching heart. "Are you sad mommy?"

Mila's heart squeezed at his innocent question. "No don't worry Charlie I'm not sad. Everything is okay" she assured him though her voice wavered slightly.

Quinn grabbed the twins arms and Lacy's legs to try and pry them of his legs. "Why don't we go play in your room for a bit okay?" he suggested trying to distract the twins.

The twins nodded reluctantly letting go of Quinn and following him to their room.

Quinn came back shortly after his face apologetic. "I'm sorry Mils, I should have talked to you before deciding to stay."

Mila nodded, taking a moment to gather her thoughts. "It's just... it caught me off guard Quinn I didn't expect to wake up and find you here."

"I understand" Quinn replied softly "I didn't mean to upset you."

Silence lingered between them for a moment before Mila spoke again. "Why did you stay?" she asked her tone softer now.

Quinn sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I wanted to spend time with the kids. I miss them Mila. And... I miss being here."

Mila's gaze softened as she looked at him. Despite everything, seeing Quinn with their kids stirred something in her heart. "They miss you too," she admitted quietly.

"They love when you pick them up, and they hate when you leave again."

"I know I haven't been the best at communicating lately," Quinn said his eyes brown eyes flickering with regrets. "But I want to try, Mila. I want to be here for them, for you."

Mila felt a glimmer of hope but also wariness. "We'll take it one step at a time," she said a small smile tugging at her lips.

~~~Izzy~~~

Yay 😊

ALSO 6k READERS WHAT!!!

I had planned this chapter completely different but I didn't know if it was the right chose

Like always I can't couldn't make a decisions

I was going to have Mila discover she was pregnant but i wasn't sure if I wanted to go down that road