Chapter 9

July 2020
Mila pov

"Mila, Quinn, we're going on the boat, do you want to come?" Sam yelled up the stairs. We've been at the lake house for almost 2 months and it's flown by.

"Do you wanna go?" Quinn asked, looking over at me as he finished changing Lacy. "Yeah, definitely. We could take the twins. I think they really liked it last time," I said, giving Charlie a tickle on his stomach.

The twins started to laugh a couple of weeks ago, and it's lit up the lake house. Luke, Jack, and Sam have a challenge going on to see who could make them laugh the most. Last week, Quinn decided he needed to join the challenge.

Quinn was winning, but then Jack said the laughs had to happen when one of the other boys was around because Quinn had an unfair advantage.

Quinn was still winning.

It warms my heart to see our family with Charlie and Lacy. The twins are 3 months now, and I feel like they've changed so much.

_quinnhughes posted a story

"Hey Mila, have a turn on the wakeboard," Jack said, shaking his head like a dog to get his hair out of his face, sending water droplets everywhere

"Yeah, okay, but only if Quinn drives. I'm not getting thrown off again."

Once we all decided we needed a break from the water sports, we all just lay around on the boat.

Charlie and Lacy should be having naps right now. They kind of are. The twins are lying on the boat, set with Jack on one side and Sam on the other, making sure neither of them falls off.

"Tomorrow it'll be a year since I found out I was pregnant," I whispered as I played with Quinn's fingers. "Shit, really? That seems so weird," Quinn mumbled.

"Yeah, it also feels so much weirder since the twins are only 3 months. But if they were born when they were supposed to be born in May, they'd only be 2 months," I said. Talking about this made me kinda sad. It just made me realize how much time has actually passed.

~~~Izzy~~~
This chapter is short. The next chapter is mostly going to be social media.

I hopefully will not forget to update for like a month again.