Chapter 12

|Meredith's pov|
"A few more steps Meredith" I heard my physical therapist, Amanda, yell. I made the next few steps and she cheered. I wanted to do more, but she told we were done and that I had made a lot of progress in a few days. She motioned for me to come sit down in the wheel chair. She wheeled me back to my room and I got back into bed. I waited there for Derek to finish his surgery and come by to visit me. I was watching some tv when Derek came in. It was about lunch time so he brought us both food.
"How are you feeling?" he asked.
"I'm fine, no need for you to worry." I responded. I want to go home and get back to work, but I know this is going to take time. Derek is always checking in and I'm always telling to go back to work. I hate being a patient in the hospital. I just want to get out of here. I watch a lot of TV and learn a lot of things but it's just boring. I miss doing surgery and being at home. It's been about 4 days since the accident now. I've started walking and it feels good. I love it when Derek comes to visit it's usually one of the best parts of my day. What I dread most is when my mother comes to visit every day. Most of the time she comes like once maybe twice in a week. She claims she has better things to do then making sure I, her daughter, is still alive. About an hour after Derek came Cristina and Alex came around to visit me. Cristina brought me some lunch and Alex just came with her. We talked for a while and then Alex had a surgery, but Cristina stayed and we talked some more. We discussed all of the hospital gossip and what was happening. She talked about a really cool trauma that came in. I really wish I wasn't stuck in this bed so I could at least watch surgeries if I can't do them.

|derek's pov|
I'm about to go into surgery. I'm scrubbing but all I can think about is mer. I need to get her off my mind. I finally do that and go into my surgery. I'm removing a young girl's optic glioma. After about 8 hours I finish and tell the resident to close. I go to visit Meredith. When I get there, a nurse informed me they took Meredith for a post-op head CT to be thorough.

|amelia's pov|
I was looking at Meredith's head CT when Derek walked in.
"Hey" I said to derek.
"Hi" he responded simply. He looked at the screen and asked is that Meredith's. I answered yes. She has a small tumor.

|derek's pov|
Amelia informed she had scheduled Meredith's surgery for tomorrow afternoon. I told her I would bring Meredith back to her ICU room. I went into the CT room and helped Meredith back on the bed and I rolled her back. When we got back to her room I told her what was happening.
"Mer you have a small tumor." I said, "Amelia has made a plan and has scheduled the surgery for tomorrow at 1:15 pm. Just remember not to eat anything."

|meredith's pov|
I have a small tumor but they're going to remove it tomorrow. I just can't eat. I chill sit around sleep and watch some tv before Derek comes to check on me again.

Sorry I haven't been updating my summer has been kind of hectic. I'll try to update more often.
-xox maddi