CHAPTER ONE

ᝰ.ᐟ CHAPTER ONE:
The New Kid Drools on the Newly-Washed Pillow Cases

ᐟ CHAPTER ONE:The New Kid Drools on the Newly-Washed Pillow Cases

               THE STORM WAS loud when Annabeth and I stepped into the infirmary

THE STORM WAS loud when Annabeth and I stepped into the infirmary. There he was. Lying in his bed. Annabeth was sure he was the one, but I was still skeptical.

Sure, he killed the Minotaur. But he seemed like a normal guy. And that was not just because I was getting tired of stalking all the new kids that made it to Camp. He genuinely seemed like a normal person.

Plus, when I imagined the one, I would normally picture a person who does not drool on the pillowcases that I had just washed.

Like, come on, dude!

Annabeth stood next to me, arms crossed, focusing on him intently. I sat on the bed next to his, still grumpy about the drooling blond.

Suddenly, he started to stir. His eyes blinked open and it was evident he was only half awake. "Where am I?" he groaned.

"You drool when you sleep," I stated.

Annabeth slapped lightly me on my upper arm, a quick action that clearly said Get over it, Val! I looked down at the ground.

"Huh?" the blond said, right before he blinked back asleep.

I turned to Annabeth, a questioning look on my face. She looked pointedly at me. "'You drool when you sleep'? Seriously, Val? That's the first thing you say to him?"

"I just washed those sheets," I said with a shrug. My friend just rolled her eyes and walked away, her braids flicking over her shoulder as she turned.

I quickly stand up to follow her, taking one last look at the boy and closing the door. We walked down the steps into the pouring rain and sticky mud, heading to the cabins, and waving each other a short goodbye when we reached the doors.

The door of the Apollo cabin creaked slightly as I pushed it open. Every one of my siblings' heads snapped towards me.

"How is he?" Will, my youngest (and favourite) brother, asked me.