CHAPTER FOUR

ᝰ.ᐟ CHAPTER FOUR:
Goodbye Camp Half Blood! Hello Danger!

ᐟ CHAPTER FOUR:Goodbye Camp Half Blood! Hello Danger!

               THE ARROW FLEW from its place between my fingers with a quick snap

               THE ARROW FLEW from its place between my fingers with a quick snap. As expected, it landed right in the middle. I heard, next to me, some kids from the Aphrodite cabin gossiping.

"He's a forbidden child, didn't you hear?" One of them said.

Another nodded. "Oh, yeah! Who's kid again? I hope it's not Hades. He is way too cute to be a child of Hades."

My face scrunched. What? I grabbed another arrow, lodging it into the bow.

"Cute, Isabella? He's half your size," Ophelia, a child of Aphrodite I did not get along with, said.

Isabella laughed. She was one of the children of Aphrodite I tolerated a bit more. "Well, at least he's not half my age."

Ophelia gasped. "She looked 17!" she defended.

"I still can't believe she was thirteen! You flirted with a thirteen year old!" This time it was Oscar to laugh.

My eyes widened. I'd heard some crazy gossip from the Aphrodite cabin, mainly through Sunniva hearing stuff from her chats with Selina Beauregard, but nothing as insane as that.

Suddenly, Sunniva came jogging over. "Hey, Val!"

I looked over to her, lowering my bow. "Sunniva! What's up?" I asked, smiling.

"Chiron's asking for us. It's about the new kid's quest," she said.

My face contorted with confusion. "How do you know that? Chiron rarely ever tells what these things are about until we get to the meeting."

Sunniva clears her throat. "Hello? Daughter of the God of Prophecies? Right here?" she said, gesturing to herself. I rolled my eyes.

We headed up the hill to the Dining Pavilion where many campers—all of which I noticed to be very skilled at what they do—gathered. They stood in a circle, with Chiron and Mr. D at the head.