CHAPTER TWO

ᝰ.ᐟ CHAPTER TWO:
Since When Did Toilets Have Tenticles?

ᐟ CHAPTER TWO:Since When Did Toilets Have Tenticles?

               I PULLED THE string of the bow back, the arrow lodged above my gloved pointer finger

               I PULLED THE string of the bow back, the arrow lodged above my gloved pointer finger. Normally, I wouldn't wear gloves when shooting, but today, the end of the arrow was on fire.

With on more deep breath, I let go. The arrow hurled forwards and hit the small target on the 'monster'. A perfect bullseye, again. I chuckled to myself, proud.

"Val, here, is the second best archer in the entirety of Camp Half-Blood," Luke said from next to me, talking to Percy Jackson. "Sunniva Campbell's the best. She's the best at everything."

I laugh. "You say that 'cause you have a crush on her. We both know she can't cook for shit."

"I do not have a crush on her," he denied, his cheeks turning slightly pink in embarrassment.

"Uh huh," I nodded sarcastically.

Luke lightly slapped me on the arm before turning back to Percy. "A good source of glory are feats of skill. So, we gotta figure out what you're good at."

Luke handed Percy the bow as the latter looked between us. "I wanna be very clear about this, I've never done anything like this before, and it looks super dangerous."

The older boy shrugged. "And you never killed a Minotaur before either, 'til you did."

Percy, after a moment of thought, stepped forward and reached behind him for an arrow. He put it into place on the bow. I picked up the long lighter, flickering it on and holding it out to him, giving him the choice of lighting the end of the arrow.

"I wouldn't," Percy shook his head.

I shrugged, releasing the button and letting the lighter drop back to the ground.

Percy took another couple steps forward and raising the bow and arrow. I took a look at his stance, the way he's holding it, his grip on it.

I leant closer to Luke, whispering, "I don't think archery is his thing."