Chapter 6: Framed and Famed

He finally reached the painting of the fat lady. He couldn't wait to just crash in his bed and be miserable.

"Caput Draconis." He said dully before the fat lady could say anything. She swung open with an annoyed look.

As Percy entered the common room, there was a burst of sound. He jumped, and every Gryffindor approached him, asking him how he managed it and congratulating him. Someone even tied a Gryffindor flag around his neck like a cape.

"Even we couldn't do it, Harry." One of the Weasly twins said.

"Yeah, it's bloody brilliant!" The other shouted, and everyone cheered back in response.

"No, guys, I didn't-" Percy tried, but it was no use.

"We snuck some food in from the kitchen to celebrate!"

"C'mon, Harry!"

"Guys, please, I'm tir-"

"Now, are you gonna tell us your secret or not?"

"Yeah, Harry. How'd you manage it?"

"I didn't put it in!" Percy yelled, silencing everyone. He was tired, distressed, and depressed. Why couldn't they just let him sulk miserably in peace? "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm tired."

He knew he was disappointing them, everyone, but he just couldn't do it. He couldn't party for a reason like this because he honestly didn't want to die.

He climbed up the flight of stairs, finally entering the dorm. To his relief, he spotted Ron sitting on his bed, and Percy sat on his own bed, (or Harry's) sighing.

"Oh, thank the Gods you're here." Percy said. "I needed a familiar face to calm me down."

"From what?" Ron said coldly. "Why would you do this?"

"Oh, c'mon. You actually believe that I put my name in?" Percy laughed half-heartedly. "I would never, I swear."

"But you did!" He scowled. "You're ruining Harry's reputation even more than it was already ruined! And you could've at least told us you would do it!"

"I swear on my life, I didn't do it!" Percy said, now angry. "Besides, I'm basically signing my death warrant. I know nothing about magic. Why would I do it?"

"Well, I don't know what crossed your mind, but we trusted you, and you failed our trust." Ron spat. "You know, after we figured out you weren't Harry, we could've just thrown you back into the woods to rot!"

"You must be really thick to actually think I would put my name in intentionally." Percy fought back. "I'm not stupid, and I don't have a death wish!"

"Alright, whatever you say." Ron muttered as he lay down, turning his back on Percy.

Gods of Olympus, life just couldn't bear to see him happy. Just when he started to fit in at Hogwarts, boom! Some mystery person enters him in a deathly competition, framing him of doing so. Percy drew his curtains, fuming, as he flopped onto his bed.

He thought he was too angry, scared, and depressed to fall asleep, but eventually, his eyelids became too heavy, and he slowly drifted off to sleep.

-----

"Oh my Gods, Percy, finally!"

The voice came from a blonde girl with stormy grey eyes, and she looked really worried. "Um..." He mumbled.

"I thought the Iris message would never reach you!" She said. "Where are you?"

"I, uh." He struggled to form a sentence, than he finally said, "do I know you?"