Chapter 19: Why You Gotta Ruin The Peace With Bad News?

"I said 'I love you' back," Percy admitted at the beginning of their conversation, which he really regretted when Draco started absolutely fanboying.

"Oh my God, you're so sappy," Draco cooed. Percy blushed and told him to shut up, but Draco wouldn't stop giggling.

"Shh, I need to tell you the important part," Percy said, trying to change the subject. "I kinda remember now."

"Wait, seriously?" Draco stopped giggling. He now had a huge smile plastered across his face. "Percy, that's amazing!"

"Yeah, I know!" Draco's smile was contagiously coming over to Percy. "Apparently, I'm not even fully human."

"You're not...? Bloody hell, That's so cool!" Draco exclaimed. "What the other half?"

"Um, promise you won't laugh?" Percy asked slowly. Draco nodded with a look that gave of course. Well, he had every right to be nervous. Can you imagine your friend coming up to you and being like, 'Oh, you know, I'm actually half God. My dad is Poseidon, and I inherited his abilities, so I'm basically a fish out of water'. Get it? You'll think they're crazy.

That's exactly what he told Draco.

"The Greek Gods... they're real?" Draco said, astonished. "And... your dad's one of them?"

"Yes, and yes," Percy said. Draco looked like his whole life had been a lie, which, for some reason, Percy found really funny. He started laughing. He laughed so hard his sides hurt. Draco just gave him a strange look before he, himself, joined Percy in his fits of laughter. It was these moments that Percy liked to cherish the most: enjoying his time with his friends, family... boyfriend. He thought of all the new memories he remembered sharing with Nico. And although that kiss wasn't real-and it didn't really feel real-it was still great all the same They were the best. He recalled all the good times he had with the crew of the Argo ll. Despite all the hardships, it was a memorable adventure.

"You do realise how much this'll help you during the last task?" Draco said after their laughter faded slightly. "Knowing who you are alone helps a ton. Knowing you can control water, though? They don't stand a chance."

"Yeah," Percy agreed. He wasn't thinking about how they didn't stand a chance, nor was he talking about how knowing he could control water helps, even though it does. He was talking about his identity. He knew his identity-and now that he did, he felt a hundred times stronger. He knew he had something to fight for. A home and people waiting for him. Those people... they were people who loved him.

He was afraid of the third task that was slowly approaching. He always felt like that before a task. He always felt like it was his impending doom-it kind of was, in a way. But now, he embraced it, sort of. That sounds very strange, and it is, but Percy embraced what he thought of as his impending doom. It's not like he wanted his life to end or anything, but the opposite. It was going to happen, and Percy would rather get it over with than spend a lot of his time worrying over the task. He wanted the Tournament to end-the faster, the better, because the sooner this mess ends, the sooner he can go home. He wished he'd thought this way since the beginning-it gave him peace at mind.

A thought crossed his mind, but he quickly shoved it away. Now that Percy remembered most of his life, he also remembered where camp was. If he wanted to, which he did, he could just run away. He knew where he was going, unlike the other times he thought of running away. But he knew he couldn't. He knew he couldn't let down all his friends. He had to finish what he started. What he agreed to. He had to be honest, though, when he agreed to pose as Harry, he never thought it would be like this. But now he had to play his part. He had to complete the Triwizard Tournament.