Chapter 7: Dragons!?

After being betrayed by the two people he considered friends, Percy developed some trust issues. He couldn't really trust Draco straight on, but he was pretty cool.

They were hanging out more often, and Draco didn't care if anyone saw them together anymore, as long as he was helping Percy.

Draco was teaching Percy some simple magic, and guess what? Percy can hold a wand right now! He also taught him that spell Hermione had done when he first woke up, the levitating spell.

"Come on, Profesor Flitwick told us to 'swish and flick', just do that." Draco urged. "Obviously, while saying the incantation right."

"Ya don't say." Percy rolled his eyes as he readied his wand.

Draco had demonstrated how to do the spell, so Percy tried doing exactly what he did. He swished and flicked as he muttered, "Wingardium Laviosa."

The feather in front of him slowly levitated. It kept going up until Percy lost his focus, and it dropped.

"You did it!" Draco exclaimed, throwing his hands up. "Finally!"

"I did it!" Percy said with the hugest grin, ignoring Draco's 'finally'. "But I don't think this spell will help me during the first task."

"I know that, but you have to start simple before getting to the hard ones." Draco noted.

"If only I knew what the task was." Percy groaned. "They said it was the 'fun' part." He made air quotes at the word 'fun'.

Draco chuckled. "I'm sure you'll make up something. You seem rather good at that."

"Going with the flow? Yeah." Percy said, then noticed something. His accent was way off, going more into American. Percy preferred it that way, but not when pretending to be a British person.

"Uh, Draco." Percy said nervously. "My accent."

"Oh no." His smile slipped off his face. "I don't know that spell."

"You don't?" Percy asked, knowing what he'd have to do.

"No, I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologise." Percy said, putting his hand on his shoulder. "I'll just go ask Hermione."

"Are you sure?" Draco said uncertainty.

"Yeah. Besides, I'm just asking her for that one favour." Percy said, not knowing if he was assuring Draco or himself.

-----

"Hey," Percy said simply, walking up to Hermione in the common room. "Do you still think I put my name?"

"Yes," Hermione replied. "It's the only way it could've happened."

"Well, think what you wanna think," Percy said sassily. "I just came to you because, as you can tell, your spell is wearing off."

"I hope you don't think I'll help a cheat like you," Hermione said coldly. That infuriated Percy, because he could feel it in his veins, he was a very loyal person. He was not a cheat.

"I am not a cheat!" Percy said angerly. "You're the vile and cruel person here! I've lost my memory, have absolutely no experience whatsoever in magic, and am so lost, and you just abandon me because someone decided to frame me! Draco was right. I was wrong to trust you."

They just intensily stared at each other. Percy felt at the brink of tears, but did well to hide it. Then, Percy walked away without saying another word. Even if she did decide to help him, he didn't want it anymore.

-----

"Ha, mine went further!"

"Nah, mine obviously went further!"