4th of July Pt.2

Summer Pups

Chapter 29:

[4th of July Pt.2]

Friday July 4, 2020

7:55 pm

[Skye's POV]

Luckily, Marshall's mother, Ember, was cool enough to let him go with me to my grandmother's house for the fourth of July. Marshall told me that she wasn't as much of a stickler for rules and regulations as his father, so she saw no issue with him spending the holiday with me. Plus, Ember knew that Marshall and I had been friends since we were kids and trusted us. And besides, she wasn't a fan of the holiday herself. I wasn't sure why, but I decided not to push Marshall further about it.

As we were in the back seat of my dad's car, I was showing Marshall some pictures of the housing near the high school we were planning on going to. Apparently, the school is so financially stable that they were able to invest in modern and spacious housing for students, almost like moving into a dorm for college. And along with that, there are four sections of these dorms in different areas, which meant that each one was for a certain grade. One for freshmans, one for sophomores, one for juniors, and one for seniors.

But unfortunately, the houses were limited, and the rooms were almost filled up. That meant that me and everyone else needed to hurry up and sign up for a spot before they all get taken. But luckily, applications don't open until the final week of July, so we all have to remind ourselves to be ready to apply as soon as possible. Even though I was excited about it, the one thing that stood out to me the most was the pricing. It was a bit costly to live in one of the dorms for the entire school year. But hopefully, with a little bit of convincing, we could get our parents to cave in and help us out.

After an hour of driving, we finally reached our destination: my grandmother's house. Her house was located in a large but quiet neighborhood. It was quite peaceful, actually, especially on this day. I was kind of expecting to hear fireworks going off, but to my surprise, there was complete silence. Honestly, it has been a while since I have been over here, so I'm not sure if things changed or not. I saw Marshall looking at the scenery around him. He was probably thinking about the same thing as me. He had met my grandmother one time, which was two years ago on my birthday. He told me that she was the sweetest lady he had ever met. I just knew that he would be happy to see her again after such a long time.