Chapter 2: I'd be a Villain

"Well, this sword has yet to choose anyone as its master, so why not let your disciple try? There won't be many chances like this," Luo Xue's smile seemed gentle, but it appeared unsettling to Hua Yang.

Hua Yang knew what Luo Xue was implying. But so what? As long as they stop her from contracting with the sword, there won't be the next 'Luo Ningyue' to suppress her like before, and to her, that was enough. But little did she know her disciple had other thoughts.

Yun Meixin felt that Luo Xue's words dawned on her. That's right! How could she have forgotten that the sword had yet to choose its master? If she could form a contract with it, stopping Luo Xue wouldn't matter anymore. It would be about her rising to the top like a phoenix.

Yun Meixin 'coincidentally' woke up and looked around in confusion. Acting as if in a panic, she looked at the sword in her master's hand and gasped, "My sword!"

Not willing to let go of this opportunity, Yun Meixin said, "Master, please allow this disciple to attempt again. I sincerely believe that I can contract this sword!" She had convinced herself that since Luo Xue almost contracted the sword, she would most certainly be able to do it.

In this moment, how could Hua Yang refute or stop her enthusiastic disciple in front of everyone? She had wanted this matter to pass by, hoping her disciple would keep her mouth shut, but sadly, things didn't seem to go her way. She reluctantly nodded, although appearing to support her disciple's decision. Inwardly, her heart held no hope. Only she knew what her disciple was capable of.

With her master's approval, Yun Meixin could start her attempt.

"Then this disciple shall begin!"

With no hesitation, Yun Meixin poured out her spiritual energy from her palms and channelled all of it into the sword. When the sword sensed an unfamiliar energy invading it, it surged with strong resistance, shaking with each tremble.

As the minutes went by, Yun Meixin's forehead gathered with sweat, the sickly pallor of her face becoming more noticeable. Unwilling to back down, she tightened the grip on the sword handle, pouring more energy to weaken its defences.

Perhaps her unwavering determination to succeed had convinced the sword, and it eventually stopped trembling. Once Yun Meixin felt she was back in control, the sword finally yielded, releasing a brilliant blue glow that bathed everyone in an unexpected burst of light.

As the light continued to fade, the sword before Yun Meixin shimmered in a halo of blue. This ethereal glow served as a testament to her successful pact with the spiritual sword, hinting at the newfound connection between them.

Hua Yang's jaw dropped. Never in her wildest dreams had she anticipated her disciple obtaining that sword.

After the initial shock was over, everyone broke from their stupor. They looked at Yun Meixin with a mixture of emotions, but their gazes obviously shone with envy and admiration.

This was the sword wielded by the sect founder to establish the sect's existence! No one except him had been its master. By being recognised as its master, it was the equivalent of having a talent that could rival that of the sect founder himself. The Sect Founder who had reached the elusive Demigod realm!

That being said, since everyone's train of thought could lead up to this, then even Yun Meixin was not spared from it. She was suddenly surrounded by a swarm of praises, all of which she had fantasised about countless times.

Nobody noticed Luo Xue subtly smiling at this development, except for Luo Bingyu. Her slight change in mood didn't escape his keen observation. He furrowed his brow in scepticism.

Right after everyone had settled down, Hua Yang delivered another bold statement. Now that her disciple had secured the sword's allegiance, she had no reason to show less restraint. Who would dare to stop her?