Chapter 1: I'm back alive

"As the peak master of this sect, my teachings have nurtured many talented disciples. Never have I encountered an audacious villain willing to harm my beloved disciple for a sword that has already chosen her! Thus, I will administer punishment to you for disregarding harmony in the sect just for your personal selfish gain!"

This was what Luo Xue heard when she came back to life.

Upon opening her eyes, Luo Xue instinctively dodged, narrowly avoiding a flying sword that left a burning trail of blood on her cheek. She found herself surrounded by disciples glaring at her like hawks; a situation in which she hadn't experienced in a long time.

What's going on?

Luo Xue avoided another strike coming towards her, wearing a puzzled expression. After breaking into the Nascent Soul realm, she was considered to be one of the sect's rising geniuses. Hardly anyone would dare to attack her, given the severe consequences they would have to endure.

As if the situation wasn't strange enough, turning her attention to the attacker, Luo Xue caught sight of a familiar face. Her eyes widened in disbelief.

Hua Yang? She's still alive! How can it be?

Just as Luo Xue doubted if the sight she saw was an illusion, she finally took notice of the thin silver sword clasped in her hand. She was stunned, taken aback!

In a flash, Luo Xue's memories from the past jolted back!

She had assumed that her death would be the end, not the beginning. So why was she back here again?

The sword she was holding onto was none other than the legendary weapon used by the Divine Sword Sect's sect founder. It possessed a razor-sharp edge with a discernible glow that set it apart from the typical iron sword. It was the lifeblood of the sect founder's strength, who used it to establish a foothold in the cultivation world. The success and prosperity that the sect had been enjoying for years couldn't have been without its contribution.

Furthermore, this extraordinary sword belonged to none other than the protagonist! It was his ultimate weapon and also the very sword that caused her death. How could she not be familiar with it?

In seconds, Luo Xue understood she had regressed back to when she was just an 18-year-old weakling who was attending a sword selection event!

Regardless of whether she could figure out the truth of her return, with an elegant woman standing across from her and a crowd of spectators demanding her for an answer, she knew she had to settle this issue first.

From what she could recall, this was a setup by the master and her eldest disciple, Hua Yang, and Yun Meixin.

In this sword selection event, there were a wide variety of swords for the disciples to choose from. As Yun Meixin had discovered that Luo Xue had almost contracted the ultimate sword, afraid that fortune would favour the fool again, Yun Meixin contacted her master to help put a stop to it.

In the road of cultivation, although talent was an important factor, having the right opportunities would also allow one to rise just as quickly.

Yun Meixin didn't want to re-experience the past, in which all the attention and resources were given to Luo Xue first. She was already envious of the fact that Luo Xue had an excellent master who lavished her with treasures despite her lack of talent. How could she allow her, who had since lost her master, to rise above her again?

After discussing with her master, Yun Meixin decided to enact a self-inflicted injury act. When Yun Meixin sensed Luo Xue was preparing for a second attempt, she condensed her spiritual energy into her short sword and launched an attack on Luo Xue.

The End of a Cannon Fodder MasterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara