Chapter 22: Punishment over?

As Aria reluctantly exited the room, leaving behind the echoes of her confrontation with Rohit, the digital chime of a ringing phone resonated in the air. The phone, perched on a nearby table, displayed a call from "Home."

Rohit, picking up the call with a casual air: "Hello?"

Aria's parents, their voices filled with a mix of concern and curiosity, greeted Rohit on the other end of the line.

Aria's Mother: "How is Arjun doing? We miss him so much."

Rohit, adopting a tone that revealed little: "He's adapting. Learning the ropes, you could say."

Aria's Father: "We appreciate your efforts. How is he behaving now?"

Rohit, a subtle undercurrent of authority in his voice: "He's learned his lesson. There's no need to worry. This experience is changing him."

Aria's Mother, her tone cautious: "We just want what's best for him. Do you think he's understanding the gravity of his actions?"

Rohit, with a hint of impatience: "Trust me, he is. This is enough. He's learned his lesson."

The exchange lingered, punctuated by the unspoken tension between Aria's parents and Rohit. The phone call, once a bridge to familial ties, had transformed into a channel through which Rohit asserted control and conveyed the narrative he wished to present.

Before ending the call, Rohit added a candid remark:

Rohit: "By the way, I want to tell you that today Arjun asked me to talk to you but because of the situation we put him into I had to make him fell that he is my property. I felt bad about comparing him to furniture. It was just to make him understand his place."

Rohit, adopting a more conciliatory tone: "I believe he has understood. It's been quite a challenging experience for him."

Aria's Father, expressing gratitude: "We appreciate your efforts in teaching him a lesson. We hope this will bring about positive changes."

Rohit, seizing the moment: "I think it has. Arjun has been through a lot. I believe it's time to end this punishment. He deserves a chance to move forward."

Aria's Mother, a mix of relief and understanding: "We trust your judgment, Rohit. We just want what's best for our son."

Rohit, emphasizing his point: "Exactly. He's been obedient and cooperative. I think he's learned his lesson, and it's time for him to return to a more normal life."

Aria's Father, seeking assurance: "Are you sure about this, Rohit? We don't want any relapses in his behavior."

Rohit, confidently: "I'm sure. I believe Arjun has genuinely reflected on his actions. Ending this punishment will allow him to reintegrate into a more conventional routine."

Rohit, concluding the call: "Thank you for your understanding. I'll make sure Arjun knows about this decision. We'll proceed accordingly."

The call ended, leaving Rohit to contemplate the unfolding dynamics. The decision to end Aria's punishment marked a turning point, one that held the promise of normalcy and a return to the life she once knew. However, for Aria, the echoes of the call remained unheard, and her future hung in the delicate balance between past mistakes and the prospect of a second chance.