Draco - Transgender 2 - 7k words

Draco looked down at her outfit, primly picking off a long, white-blonde hair from her shoulder. She'd always been obsessed with how she looked, but now it was healthier, as she recognised who she saw in the reflection.

 It was heartwarmingly fun to have more fun with fashion now that she wasn't stuck with waistcoats and pin-straight trousers every day. That morning, she was wearing a pale blue cardigan over a simple grey dress, which was tucked in around the waist. Her opal earrings were in, sparkles catching the sun whenever she turned her head. Her hair was half up in a perfectly smoothed bun, the rest in loose waves down the backs of her thighs. She'd always had long hair, even before she'd come out, but now it seemed like a challenge to see how far she could go, taking careful care to only wash it once a week and sleep in a silk wrap.

It was coming up to her fith month on Oestrogen and she couldn't be happier. Finally, finally, her breasts were budding, her waist was smaller and her hips definitely had some shape. Laser surgery had started to show results as well, which had been brilliant. Every time she'd seen her pink safety razor in the bathroom before, she'd winced, hating the look of shaving foam over her cheeks, seeing nothing but the little boy whose father taught him to shave all those years before. Now, it was only used on her armpits and legs, using cherry-scented exfoliants and foam.

She still had a long way to go, but at least with her clothes on, she got fewer stares on the street. 

Over the break, she planned to break the news that she was being put on the waiting list for a penectomy and orchidectomy, after having socially transitioned for eighteen months. She knew it would be another huge step for them, but they'd gone so far already.

Checking her appearance one more time, she tapped her luggage with her wand and met Pansy and Blaise at the bottom of the stairs. Grinning at her friends, they walked up the steps, they left the dungeon and entered the warm light of the castle.

Pansy seemed in high spirits, but Blaise's mind seemed elsewhere, unable to keep track of the conversation. She understood what was on his mind. It was his first night in his new flat and while it was clear that he wasn't looking forward to it, he had said very little on the matter.

(~~~)

They climbed into the carriage together, watching the world run by. In some compartments, they could see younger years playing wizarding card games together, the stuffy air filled with cheers and groans as magical creatures and spells came into play. Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans are shared among friends, leading to surprised and disgusted laughter as flavours ranged from toffee to earwax.

Occasionally, they could see impromptu magic lessons as students practised their spells, much to the amusement and awe of their compartment mates. Neville's toad floated past the window as though he was swimming, closely followed by Neville himself, tripping over mislaid robes and suitcases and earning laughter from the crueller students.

In the more mischievous corners of the train, pranks were hatched and executed. The girl who was laughing the loudest at Neville was hit by a bat-bogey hex as a flicker of ginger hair retreated into her compartment.

"Never liked her," Pansy muttered, as greenish squeaks bumped against the window opposite and someone opened a window to let them out. Draco rolled her eyes and looked over at Blaise, who was asleep, his head bumping on the vibrating window. "Will he be ok on his own?"

"I hope so," Draco muttered, careful not to wake her friend. "He deserves a better life than the one he had."

Pansy smiled in agreement. Harry flew past, chasing Neville. Draco waved and he looked in her direction and grinned, watching as Neville bent down and scooped up Trevor from the floor. He was looking more and more like Snape as the days went by, his hair almost down to his shoulder blades and wrapped in a dusty black cloak. If he looked closely, she could see that his eyes were rimmed with khol, which clashed oddly with his wire-rimmed glasses.